Pure barrels or cut!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
What's the difference in aiming at and hitting the center vs aiming at and hitting one inch below center? If you can be accurate doing one, there's nothing preventing you from being accurate doing the other. Right?
That's probably what you said but I haven't had my coffee yet.
That's precisely what I said :). Plus it's been determined that all pitches drop to a certain degree(Personally I still believe a good rise ball will continue an upward trajectory, but let's not open that can of worms), so if are trying to hit the ball just below center it puts you in a good position to make solid contact with idea barrel path. JMHO

Just being picky here, not sure about 1 inch below center.. might be too much?

Jun 16, 2011
I think there needs to be a distinction between the "thought/feeling of swinging down on the ball" and actually doing it. Having pelvic tilt and a contact point out in front can yield a positive attack angle (uppercut) even when the hitter is trying to swing down at the ball. In my experience, that feeling/thought of swinging down on the ball appears to be beneficial to some hitters and not for others...

May 12, 2016
Not gonna lie, I have been hit in the chest by a line drive that knuckled. I could see the logo coming at me before it went left a foot....scary.
Knuckles are scary.. generally I just close my eyes and hope for the best :)

May 12, 2016
My argument is, if a hitter is going to "try" to hit the center of the ball, might as well "try" to hit just below center. Again accuracy of actually hitting what you mean to has got to be somewhere around 10% of the time.. maybe :). Statistics on the spur of the moment again :)

Jun 8, 2016
My argument is, if a hitter is going to "try" to hit the center of the ball, might as well "try" to hit just below center. Again accuracy of actually hitting what you mean to has got to be somewhere around 10% of the time.. maybe :). Statistics on the spur of the moment again :)
You guys were just too good..I was trying to hit the ball.

May 12, 2016
You guys were just too good..I was trying to hit the ball.
You don't have to be good to try... "Aim Small, Miss Small"

BTW, I was just trying to hit the ball as well LOL.. but again I am saying there are those here saying you should aim for the center of the ball.. if I was going to aim, I would aim to do damage

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
You don't have to be good to try... "Aim Small, Miss Small"

BTW, I was just trying to hit the ball as well LOL.. but again I am saying there are those here saying you should aim for the center of the ball.. if I was going to aim, I would aim to do damage
Yeah I hear you but I am not even sure the sort of focus which supposedly is better when hitting ("soft" focus?) to use while hitting is even conducive to attempting to pick up the ball like that but whatever.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad