Proud moment :)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
View attachment 6480 SB03dad, that is great. You obviously understand the joy we get to feel even if it is a little cruel. :)

That's too funny. DD (10 year-old) attended a birthday party this past Saturday at one of those bounce house places and if you've ever been to one then you know they have a dodge ball arena. I could not get DD out of there for nothing, not even Ice cream or cake. She was having a blast picking off kids left and right, lol. Too funny

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That's too funny. DD (10 year-old) attended a birthday party this past Saturday at one of those bounce house places and if you've ever been to one then you know they have a dodge ball arena. I could not get DD out of there for nothing, not even Ice cream or cake. She was having a blast picking off kids left and right, lol. Too funny

Nice coincidence. My DD went to a b-day party at one of those places last Saturday, too. The difference was that it was a party for one of her "select" team teammates (another catcher!), and most of the team was also there. I didn't get to witness it myself, but I was told by other parents that the dodgeball games were ruthless and intense.

Jun 11, 2013
DD was taking PE in 7th grade. They did a unit on Lacrosse. Coach had them all shoot into the net. She said some got it in some missed. She got up and first shot knocked the net over. Coach asked her to do again with same result. A couple of kids got mad because she hit a few kids(boys) too hard playing dodge ball. She merely suggested them move back a little next game.

Jan 7, 2013
So I asked DD what the game was she played where she was able to nail a few of the boys. She said it was called hunger games. :eek: Yikes, I could only imagine. I didn't want to know. She said she didn't throw it very hard at the girls. I asked if it was because she didn't want to hurt them? She laughed, said no. They would freeze and cover their heads when she had the ball.

This reminded me of a State Fair story. DD was 7 or 8, and we were walking by the obnoxious, dunk the clown booth. She had to try. So the clown started harassing her and I could tell she was getting fired up. Three balls to throw. The first missed by a couple inches, the second glanced off the bar holding the target. Then he did the unthinkable, he called her "Barbie". The third hit dead center.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
DD is now a freshman in college, but when she was in 6th grade they did a football unit in PE. Teacher told kids to self select into an "experienced" group and a "beginner" group. DD was the only girl to choose experienced. Teacher questioned her several times and she insisted she wanted to stay there. After several class periods of "boys making stupid plays" she took the ball and announced she was going to play quarterback. Teacher said she threw a long completion for a touchdown and he had to keep himself from laughing at the boys' faces. I miss those days!

Our school resource officer loves to tell the story of when DD was in 8th grade, she's a Sr in HS now. He was refereeing the middle school football tourney. My DD came into the game, with her team on defense and happened to be the only girl on the field for her team at the moment. A tall kid on the other team told his QB in her hearing to "Throw it to me, I've got the girl". He was 8 or 9 inches taller than she. (My DD was probably 5 foot nothing at the time). The resource officer said he kept an eye on her as he was familiar with how she operates and knew she wouldn't take the challenge lightly. He said she watched for a second to see where the play would develop and then took off. She timed her jump to knock the ball away, just before the kid got his hands on it. She turned around and told the kid, "who's the girl now?" and walked away. When her team came back on offense, she was the QB. He didn't give her any more guff the rest of the game. They're friends in HS now.

Dec 19, 2012
Years ago we took our 12u TB team to a Putt-Putt/Arcade/Go-Cart fun center after the season. A few girls decided to race Go-Carts and there were some boys (about the same age) there also. One of the boys made a remark about "girl drivers" and the girls ignored it...except for Meaghan. Meaghan stared down that kid like a hawk stares down its prey. They get in their cars and before you know it the race is on. Meaghan stays right behind this kid the entire race, making the kid constantly looking to his left and right. He's in out-right panic mode. The parents are laughing uncontrollably the entire time. The determination on Meaghan's face was priceless. The boy is in 1st and Meaghan is in 2nd about two feet behind him. Meaghan's yelling something at the boy but we cannot figure out what she's saying. The white flag comes out; final lap. Everyone's laughing histerically and cheering Meaghan on....then she makes her move. In the final turn she kisses the boy's back tire and spins him out. People hit the floor! Meaghan cruises to victory. She gets out of the car and bows to the audience then raises her arms in victory. The kids working the track are giving her high fives. The boy's screaming with tears in his eyes that what she did wasn't fair. She looks right at him and screams "WOOOOOOOO! I told you I had the car, boy!" I about pi$$ed myself. When I could gather myself together I asked Meaghan M. where she learned to drive like that. Her reply was "Watching NASCAR with dad".

Meaghan quit playing travel ball about a year after that. She did play HS ball but has since graduated and is attending a demanding college. The whereabouts of the boy remains a mystery...........

Nov 11, 2013
I love these stories. They all sound so familiar. Our girls are definitely a different breed. When DD was in grade school she played all "boy" sports. Football, little league baseball, and soccer. I remember a 9-10 pee-wee football game. DD played cornerback because she was fast and the coaches thought she would be better off doling out hits rather than taking them as a RB. As it happens in pee-wee football, inevitably a kid gets through the pack with the ball and makes the long run to the end zone untouched. No one is even trying to keep up with him. One such play as this an DD is in a pack on a kid's tail as he is running for the end zone. DD pulls away from the slowing pack, catches up to the runner and tackles him from behind, saving the touchdown! Now, we did not have the foresight to give her a girly name, her name is typically a boy's name. So when the announcer in a very animated way shouts "DD with the SAVE!!", the mother next to me slaps me across the arm and yells "Why the hell didn't you give her a girls name??!! Now no one knows that kids just got schooled by a GIRL!!" (Save from the mess of hair hanging out from under her helmet). We have that one on DVD and plan to play it at some future big event to be determined.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1