Proud Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
How about we meet in the middle and agree to be bleacher parents behind home plate?

Apparently, you're a "Crazy Daddy" in denial--the worst kind. We need to have an intervention for SoCalDad before he gets out of control.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Ok, I'm confused. My daughter ( average rec player) has been asked to play as a guest on a local travel team that's short on players. This will my first experience, don't want to break protocol... So, do I go down the right field line or left field ( I'm in NJ) :confused:

LOL – The best place to be, if you have crazy dad (CD) tendencies, is to be w/ the other CDs down the foul line furthest from DD’s dugout and coach. LF or RF lines work equally well – just depends which dugout she’s in. If you are civil and pleasant and don’t feel a need to second guess the coach, congratulations, you are a mature adult and can sit wherever you damn well please. Just don’t get too close to CD Land!
My CD Land Rules
1. The corollary to “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all” that should be employed by us CDs who just have to be able to say something is to “say it where it can’t be overheard” by those not afflicted by CD symptoms.
2. Like Vegas, what is said in CD Land, stays in CD Land.
3. My wife isn’t allowed in my CD land. She finds her own area. Keeps us married.
4. Resist the urge to give DD’s coach unsolicited advice, even if you think it will save the world.
5. See Rule 4.
6. Circle the date and count down the days until travel ball re-starts!

Good luck to your DD. Enjoy the game, you'll be fine - CD symptoms usually take more than 1 game to develop.

GM

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Apparently, you're a "Crazy Daddy" in denial--the worst kind. We need to have an intervention for SoCalDad before he gets out of control.

Very serious indeed. Family agreement confirmed - intervention has been scheduled. Tearful plea from DD (in SB uniform) is last resort. Its all up to SoCalDad, hope we aren't too late!

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL

Absolutely. I'm in. I'll bring the duct tape and the folding chair. Behind home plate is where the psycho moms congregate. A crazy daddy showing up there collideing with a psycho mommy could cause a black hole and warp the space time continum. THINK OF THE CHILDREN MAN!!! don't do it.

On topic: Congrats to your DD. I'm hopeful my DD is as fortunate in a couple years.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
If there are no freshman girls on varsity track, DD will also be the only freshman girl to letter in any sport.

Yes, she is as proud as a peacock. After last night's win with her in the circle, we got in the car and she says to no one in particular "Not only a freshman, a varsity starter". (started 8 of 10 games, 5 from the circle winning 4 of the 5)

Oh, and her Mom and I are as proud as peacocks too. Mom hangs with the CM's in the stands keeping her own books and I find the CD's wherever they are.

Jun 26, 2008
Vermont
East Coast versus West Coast. Hasn't the battle gone on long enough? Didn't we learn anything from the 1990s hip hop/rap rivalries? Can't we all just get along? How about we meet in the middle and agree to be bleacher parents behind home plate?

That's just CRAZY TALK!! Crazy Daddies sit with the uninformed and unenlightened in the bleachers? You must be joking!! Crazy Daddies need to be where they can react with just a nod, a head shake, or a well timed guffaw - and not have to explain their reactions ... unless of course they feel like going into a 5 minute diatribe explaining the nuances of establishing a batting order of course.

LOL ... everyone KNOWS the sideline you take is the same sideline as your dd's dugout ... and you're only allowed to stay between the dugout and home plate if your dd is pitching AND you're secretly calling pitches from the sidelines. Come on folks - this is basic information here!

May 7, 2008
Sane team moms usually stay far away from the CDs because they are more focused on the DVDs (Daughters Very Determined). Pitching Mom's sit near Home Plate by the UMP (Utterly Mad Parents)...Proud of my pitching Varsity Freshman : ) Congratulations to all the DVDs!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad