Proper Stretch and Fire

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2015
Pay attention to the details:
tumblr_omzeei2PQv1usf292o1_400.gif

tumblr_omzev6cqar1usf292o1_400.gif
We were both trained by the same guy. But yes I agree Brandon's SnF is better than mine. I'm pretty sure Brandon's hitting coach would agree with me about the hands role in the swing...

This is a more recent SnF swing...recorded this one about a year after the first clip I posted

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2015
Good for you. I gave MHO. I started swinging again, 7 years ago if that's suppose to make more of a difference. Sorry to have asked question and giving advice. I should have just said nice demo.

Sorry man...reread my response and definitely comes off rude.

Apr 14, 2015
Do you swing righty only or both ways. Asking for a friend ;)

No. I fool around on the left side for fun...I have a long ways to go on the left side to catch up to my swing on the right. This is from last summer swinging from Command Drill...barrel path pretty rough:

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
We were both trained by the same guy. But yes I agree Brandon's SnF is better than mine. I'm pretty sure Brandon's hitting coach would agree with me about the hands role in the swing...

This is a more recent SnF swing...recorded this one about a year after the first clip I posted

Question for anyone interested:
* I see one expert suggesting to start with the right foot (for a RHB) pointed towards the ball on setup.
* I see another expert suggesting to start with the right foot (for a RHB) pointed towards the pitcher.
* In the Brandon clip (clip facing camera), I see him starting with that foot pointed towards the pitcher, but it twists more towards the ball as he coils back before he launches.

What do you feel are the advantages or disadvantages to either setup? The positioning of that foot will have an impact on the range of motion in the coil portion of the drill.

May 3, 2014
FP - Turning in the foot is a cheat to get the correct feel (to the pitcher). Once you get this feel you should be able to use a more conventional set up. But, like Cruz above it is not an absolute.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00