Prism or CF?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
CF is absolutely not end loaded. Even the bigger drops that are supposedly a little end loaded but they really aren’t appreciably end loaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 7, 2023
I know this is an older thread, but what’s the opinion on the 23 model? I see Prism+ everywhere and they are going for more $. Is the Prism hotter and performing better or do the girls just like the rainbow color way on it more than the less attractive CF paint.

Dec 19, 2021
I see more of the new Prisms than the old one, but nowhere near as many as the CFs. Last years black and gold CF is a favorite around here, especially for the power hitters. There are a few white/blue or black/blue 2023s, but not as many. The 2022s are still rockin'.

I think people keep looking for something that will last longer that a Ghost.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I see Prisms for the younger girls. We don't sell many of the larger sizes, compared to the CF. And I don't think I have seen any girls use a Prism in college.

Dec 19, 2021
Almost got DD2 into a Whisper recently after trying out a bunch. Was in the final 2 but the GA won out. Oh well. Prism was DQ'd early.

DD1 is going to a Demarini school in the fall so I am interested to see what she ends up liking.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Almost got DD2 into a Whisper recently after trying out a bunch. Was in the final 2 but the GA won out. Oh well. Prism was DQ'd early.

DD1 is going to a Demarini school in the fall so I am interested to see what she ends up liking.
A good friend's daughter is going to a Wilson school in the fall, and she has been an avid Ghost user for the past four years. He got her a Whisper to use for HS and travel early this year, and she fell in love with it. He wanted her to try an LXT, but she liked the Whisper better.

It's all about the individual. No one bat works for everyone.

Dec 7, 2023
My daughter is only 10. 4’9 80lbs. She wants the CF, 30 -11, despite thinking the Prism is prettier and she doesn’t care for the Ghost DB.

Jul 1, 2022
I see Prisms for the younger girls. We don't sell many of the larger sizes, compared to the CF. And I don't think I have seen any girls use a Prism in college.
Isn't the prism more end loaded? Interesting that younger kids like the heavier bat. Maybe the pitching is slower at younger age groups so they prefer swinging a bigger mass to send the ball further?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi