pregame batting practice balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2009
looking for a foam type ball that will travel about as far as a wiffle ball.
jugs lite flight ball ? we have several parks with limited space for batting
practice and have to take it in the outfield. wiffle balls keep getting broken.
any suggestions.

May 13, 2008
I found these golf balls in a Kmart sporting goods section. I have gotten so much use out of these. They are a wonderful tool. For warmups I line two girls up next to each other and pitch to both. You can simulate different speeds and movement pitches with these.

Amazon.com: Intech Range Bucket with 48 Balls: Sports & Outdoors

Another of my favorites is tossing up two balls and calling a color for them to hit.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
WIFFLE Balls from a SPORTS Equipment website are good and won't break. I paid approx $30 bucks per dozen (Maybe $24) but these are heavy duty, can run them over with a car and they don't break.

** LITE FLITE Balls are my favorite, along with Wiffle Golf Balls......

You are on teh right track though, Front toss and pitched balls are BEST for pre-game, rather then ONLY soft-toss. (I like soft-toss to warmup and work top hand/bottom hand drills and Quick Hand drills, then some type of front toss, or pitched balls.

** I made a tool using the wiffle balls I descirbed above on a rope that has an eye hook on each end. Hook ONE end to a fence and the other end to something if available OR most often a player or coach holds the rope VERY TIGHT and we shoot ONE wiffle ball at a time at the batter and she has to make solid contact, staying on the ball to drive it back at the pitcher (who stands near the person holding the rope.) GREAT Traveling hitting tool. If the batter lopps her swing, she hits UNDER the rope, If she chops DOWN, she chops down onto the rope, if she Casts her hands and gets outside the balls, she pulls the ball and rope and wobbles it, IF she hits through the ball, she should drive it back! Initally less experienced batters struggle, till they find their swing and then they start driving the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06