Predator Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
With people like this in the world, we wonder why we have helicopter parents. Glad to see this POS will rot in prison.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...al-assaults-against-teens-he-coached-da-says/

We definitely don't need more helicopter parents. I have repeatedly told parents that I will not be left alone with teenage girls in any capacity as coach. If that means another parent needs to stay at practice or hitting lessons than so be it. I will shut it down otherwise.

I also told my players not to text me but I have sadly lost that battle.

May 6, 2015
We definitely don't need more helicopter parents. I have repeatedly told parents that I will not be left alone with teenage girls in any capacity as coach. If that means another parent needs to stay at practice or hitting lessons than so be it. I will shut it down otherwise.

I also told my players not to text me but I have sadly lost that battle.
actually text may offer more protection for everyone rather than phone calls. texts are forever! the wireless provider(s) will always have it in archive.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Everything has been said here and on other sites but ...

Why the heck are you letting someone you do not know very well pick your kid up from school?

Jan 17, 2020
actually text may offer more protection for everyone rather than phone calls. texts are forever! the wireless provider(s) will always have it in archive.
Actually most service providers do not keep the content of text messages, only date, time, and number. Too many text messages out there and too much cost to keep content saved.

Oct 10, 2018
Actually most service providers do not keep the content of text messages, only date, time, and number. Too many text messages out there and too much cost to keep content saved.

True, part of my job at my law firm is getting records of all kinds. Carriers only send us the dates/times/numbers, not the content.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Texting a player individually shouldn't be any sort of problem...just include a parent in all communication. I also use DD as protection. For anything softball related, she's always involved anyway. She's always there, and sees / hears everything. She's been old enough to be a reliable witness for some time now.

Some people gush about "non-parent" coaches being preferable, but my radar always flips on around anyone without a kid somewhere in the game. This especially applies to unmarried guys. Yes, I know people with kids can also end up being predators, but I barely knew girl's softball existed before my kids became old enough to play. Coaching teenage girls prior to my own kids getting that old would never have occurred to me. Coaching teenage girls often made me nostalgic for the simpler days of overseas deployments to hot and dangerous places. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez