what would you do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2010
i wasnt playing the "me or her" card. i just needed to know if she was on the team or not. and no, she hasn't matured. recently she had issues with the school and laws. and i found out my family wasn't the only one doing that. if she stayed about half of the team would have left. i was the only one who asked the coach so i knew what was happening. all i did was say "is she playing on the team?" i never said if she stays i'm going. my mom implied that. and by the end of the practice all of the girls' parents were complaining about her. so if she stay he would have gained 1 girl but lost about 10. when the final decision was made a person in our team organization said that he did the right thing because of her past. and another one who is more up-to-date on the our activities outside of softball and people who want to play for us said that the coach made the right decision because of her recent issues. and the after practice talk that my mom and i had with the coach was that i had another offer but because my family is close with him, we felt we should share information we knew. well, apparently other parents did so during practice too. so....yes, at that point it seemed like i was playing the "me or her" card. and i'll be honest i kinda felt that way too. but as people keep saying, if you sleep well at night with your decision then you made the right one. well, i know i made the right one. and yes i do know we don't play or work with people we like all of the time. trust me, i'm very aware of that and go through it very often. but there's a difference between playing/working with someone you don't like and playing/working with someone who will do nothing but make life absolutely difficult for you when you don't have to play/work with them. there's many details i could go into, but won't.

All of this was missing from your OP, so we answered based on the info given. I'm sure if you would have gone into this amount of detail many opinions, including mine, would have been different. It looks like not only you but the other players, parents and coaches made the right decision.

Good luck.

May 18, 2009
Coaches look at players and at parents when deciding who makes the team. Sorry but that's how it is. If a player is going to be a troublemaker it will disrupt the team. If the parents of a player are troublemakers then sometimes coaches won't select the player. Sometimes bringing in one bad apple spoils the bunch. It can divide a team. I've seen it happen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1