Position for gun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 8, 2009
Florida
I agree it wouldn't matter wheter the object is moving to or away. But is it possible taht being behind the pitcher creates moe instances of other objects (the pitchers arm, hand, body) creating false echoes and increasing the chances of skewing the reading. From behind the catcher would put the ball as the foreground object.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I agree it wouldn't matter wheter the object is moving to or away. But is it possible taht being behind the pitcher creates moe instances of other objects (the pitchers arm, hand, body) creating false echoes and increasing the chances of skewing the reading. From behind the catcher would put the ball as the foreground object.

True, but from that position it probably would've picked up the runaway horse that ran behind the CF fence in one game my DD played. I am continually surprised - just when you think you've seen it all...

Oct 22, 2009
True, but from that position it probably would've picked up the runaway horse that ran behind the CF fence in one game my DD played. I am continually surprised - just when you think you've seen it all...

You would have knew it picked up the horse right away, as he was probably only running about 40mph. : )
I can hear you know....."No way! Had to be the horse!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish