Portable speakers blaring at tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Des

Nov 1, 2014
So it sounds like the generation that gave us Five Man Electric Band and the generational anthem "Signs" have officially became the people that they sang about
my how perceptions change with age
I say it is supposed to be fun leave those kids alone and let them be kids

Oct 31, 2014
Kansas City
I'm ok with it in warmups first thing in the morning, I don't like it the rest of the day (well, its ok out in the parking lot when people are hanging out). A team was playing it between innings two weekends ago and it was super annoying.

Dec 27, 2014
We had 90 minutes between games Sunday. This is usually when it comes out from some parent. Just a small device no bigger than a roll of TP. Still puts out enough sound that our 2004/2005 team can get up and dance, or have as ambiance while we are relaxing near the fields.

I happened to notice a team rolling in to the complex walking by us. They had a portable speaker the size of a guitar amp. Then I noticed they were the team we play next. A few years older than us. Just as they are rolling by we have the Whip Nae Nae song going and, our admittedly young and girlish team, are all up dancing in a line. The girls on the team walking by did not look overly intimidated...:)

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
They come in handy during weather delays. We had a 2.5 hour precautionary weather delay during the summer ASA local World Series. They played music on one of the big wheeled in systems and we had around 16 teams worth of girls dancing and passing the time. As long as they are courteous to other teams I am fine with it between innings.

Oct 31, 2014
Kansas City
They come in handy during weather delays. We had a 2.5 hour precautionary weather delay during the summer ASA local World Series. They played music on one of the big wheeled in systems and we had around 16 teams worth of girls dancing and passing the time. As long as they are courteous to other teams I am fine with it between innings.

I love it when entire teams of girls are all acting goofy and not caring what people think. It is a different world than at school, love it that they can experience the freedom.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My Girl's Golf Team was treated by a bunch of knuckleheads who were playing their jams on the course. I'd guess you could only hear it a town or two away.

May 13, 2013
DD's team has even had other teams come by and join in on the dancing in between games. Funny when you see girls from 2-3 different teams who don't know each other all dancing in unison, then go back about their business when the song or songs end. These are competitive 16U girls btw.

Apr 8, 2013
It is extremely rude to blast your music between innings of your game, or pre/post your game without regard to the fact that on the field right behind you, 25 feet away, another game is currently going on and the coaches are trying to communicate with their players. But too many SB moms and dads are too self absorbed in their own little world to care about others.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
There is a time and a place for such shenanigans. What you do at your practice is up to you, but it has no place at a tournament. Show some self restraint and respect for others that are currently playing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55