Pop Time of 1.67 and home to first of 2.8

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Please give me a sanity check. Ok, I know I am not all there but throw me a bone.

Have a 17yo player who's parents claim has a pop time of 1.67 seconds and home to first of 2.8 (from the right side). My years of coaching and seeing her play say, yeah right! However, for a moment let's assume that those numbers are real. With that in mind where would that place her in terms of 2016's nationally? I am thinking that most SEC/PAC-12 catchers are not throwing up those numbers much less a 2016 High School player. What say you?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Please give me a sanity check. Ok, I know I am not all there but throw me a bone.

Have a 17yo player who's parents claim has a pop time of 1.67 seconds and home to first of 2.8 (from the right side). My years of coaching and seeing her play say, yeah right! However, for a moment let's assume that those numbers are real. With that in mind where would that place her in terms of 2016's nationally? I am thinking that most SEC/PAC-12 catchers are not throwing up those numbers much less a 2016 High School player. What say you?

Top 1% in those two skills for a C but it wouldn't matter a bit if she can't receive/block or hit. If she is decent in those skills and she is a higher-D1 talent. If she has a big bat, then top tier D1. If the other skills are lacking then lower D1/high D2/high D3.

Standing next to a ex-D1 coach right now.
She says for a C it was for her: 1) receiving 2) bat 3) blocking 4) game personality/management 5) poptime/stopping runners 6) other possible positions 7) everything else.

Got to be able to hit.

You've seen her play so you already know whether it is true or not. Also I always ignore time of speed to first because no one measures it the same or does it electronically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1