PONY vs. USSSA vs ASA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2013
New to travel softball circuit here in New England.
So I do not know the differences between PONY vs USSSA vs ASA
Thank you

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
New to travel softball circuit here in New England.
So I do not know the differences between PONY vs USSSA vs ASA
Thank you

That is a really open ended question. Generally speaking expect to find ASA to be the most competitive with Pony being the least competitive. USSSA is somewhere in between depending on your locale. That said you need to find a team and play in the tournaments that are the best fit.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Down here in the south it's like this"

PONY = Little League

USSSA = Middle of the road

ASA = top of the heap

Then you have these Premier people who get downright defensive about how good they are.

Mar 26, 2013
On a national level, ASA and PGF are the most competitive. On a local level, all 3 org's you asked about vary by region and I've heard PONY is stronger in New England than ASA. Travel teams will often play multiple sanctions depending on what is available locally and which are appropriate for their ability.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
In Georgia ASA is the most competitive. USSSA and USFA are probably tied for 2nd. Camsports and NSA are right behind them. GSA specializes in "bronze" level tournaments. Triple Crown is staring to make inroads in GA and will probably compete with USSSA and USFA this year. PGF does not really host any tournaments in GA. I do not think we have any Pony tournaments either.

Jul 2, 2013
The object of softball from a parents perspective is to make you DD the best player she can be.

So many discussions go around and around .. ad nausium .. about where to play. Who to play for, how much money ... ect.

The cold hard facts is HOW GOOD IS YOUR PLAYER. If she is good enough, she makes it. If not. she does not. PERIOD. Always do what makes your DD the best player.

My DD has done just about everything against what folks on these board say. But she rocks on the ball field, and has choices for her future.

In our area ASA is still tops, but PGF making a strong push ... but MONEY will be the end of PGF, for though they advertize as being the best ... they are not ... they are the best of the folks who can AFFORD it !!!!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
In our area ASA is still tops, but PGF making a strong push ... but MONEY will be the end of PGF, for though they advertize as being the best ... they are not ... they are the best of the folks who can AFFORD it !!!!

PGF has zero presence in Florida. Last time I checked they had to cancel many qualifiers, at least those not on the left coast due to lack of turnout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K4man