Pony All-Star Tournamnets and NO Uniforms

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Okay... here goes. I'm helping coach 10u All Stars. We ended our rec season earlier than ever before to get into more All Star tournaments. We have recently learned that we won't get uniforms in time to play in some of these tournaments. Because they are Pony sanctioned, we have to have the uniform with the Pony patch visible (so I've been told). We play under our own rule set for the regular season and play under Pony for All Stars. I need to reread my Pony rulebook.

I've messaged the people about the tournaments that we most likely won't be able to play in to see if it would be possible to play without uniforms... we're not entirely sure that both of them are sanctioned or if this would be a problem. In the past, we've played as a rainbow of colors with girls wearing their regular season jerseys.

Now, if we are told that we must have matching uniforms can we have our girls wear white pants, matching socks, and make some tshirts with numbers on the back and have a Pony patch visible? The first tournament is this weekend and I'm willing to have patches air mailed to me. We could do tshirts with a marker or get them airbrushed at one of those places at the mall or heck, we could even make them with puffy paint or something after practice if that would be legal.

Anyone know? Anyone had a problem like this one before? I'm getting gray hair over this, I swear!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, you are correct. You can make the shirts and attach the patch. Would there be any shirts at the HS, etc. that you could borrow? Walgreens and Michaels normally have $5.00 t-shirts. Just check and see if the rules state how big the number needs to be.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Well... we just found out that the tournament we wanted to get into (the cheapest one too!) this weekend is full. So that isn't going to work.... we'll have to see about next weekend.

How many tourneys do your All Star teams play? We're going to play two, MAYBE three if things go the way that they are looking right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma