*POLL* 18u everybody plays

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

would you play for a team like this?

• yes

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • no

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
More polls to ponder :)
Would you play on a team like this?

How about an 18u travel team
That rotates all players.
Regardless of errors or batting averages.
Every player gets equal playing time.
Comes out to about 3 innings per player per game.'ish
in other words players rotate in/out each game.

The goal is showcasing only.
*They do NOT play a best 9 for games nor tournament.
Nor play for the entire length of a game. in other words there is no designated starting 9.
(*you can think through whatever this may mean to you. No starting 9... and how that may impact your thoughts on the importance or not of win/lose record. Or how the team may look while your daughter is playing/showcasing?!)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Does this really happen? Maybe sneak in some time during pool play but come brackets cant imagine taking out a pitcher or player that is playing well. Say the pitcher has thrown 3 inning and stuck out 5 and the ball hasn't left the infield. I don't care if its 8u she is gong back out for the 4th inning on my team.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Does this really happen? Maybe sneak in some time during pool play but come brackets cant imagine taking out a pitcher or player that is playing well. Say the pitcher has thrown 3 inning and stuck out 5 and the ball hasn't left the infield. I don't care if its 8u she is gong back out for the 4th inning on my team.
;) i made sure to add some specific details...
think u noticed!
Yes it happens!
Did you pic? Yay nay? :)

Apr 20, 2015
If its purely a showcase team then yes this makes sense. Showcase each player equally to get them recruited. Now would I want to be involved in a team like this...no. I think college coaches also value seeing the competitive nature of a player and how she plays when the chips are down or does she let up when it seems the game is won

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nov 17, 2020
Huntley, IL
I would say it depends on the level of the team and the type of event. If a manager was going to take that kind of position, would want to know that before agreeing to play for the season so we would not be surprised.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I would say it depends on the level of the team and the type of event. If a manager was going to take that kind of position, would want to know that before agreeing to play for the season so we would not be surprised.
Yes families know in advance how team is ran.

Sep 26, 2011
Funny thing about Showcases is that you should Showcasing all your players. Heard a few stories of players setting up to be seen at events but never getting into those games.

There was a pitcher who was the teams number 2/3 depending on the weekend and she reached out to a few D3 coaches and let them know she was going to be playing. She never saw the circle. No 1 pitched 3 complete games that day.

Another kid had a family drive 3+ hours to a showcase. 3 nights in a hotel meal etc. She got a total of 1 AB and 1 inning in the field for the 5 games.

If this was going to be the case let me know upfront and the family can save the 750-1000 bucks sitting the bench cost.

Showcases are for ALL the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2015
Sounds like 18U rec.

Could be a lot of fun with the right group of players.

But no way someone should put their DD on a team like that if college recruiting is the goal.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
The coach has been around atleast 15 years and routinely has players be recruited.
A mix of all collegiate levels.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA