Please help with my 10 dd swing!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2013
Please help with my 10 dd swing! video added for analysis.

Hey guys I'm new on here but have been reading here for a while and was wondering if someone could analyze my 10 year old dd swing. she hasnt had any actual hitting instruction except from me anything you guys could help me help her with would be appreciated.[video=youtube_share;G2br3gSjVsg]http://youtu.be/G2br3gSjVsg[/video]

Last edited:
May 16, 2010
Hey guys I'm new on here but have been reading here for a while and was wondering if someone could analyze my 10 year old dd swing. she hasnt had any actual hitting instruction except from me anything you guys could help me help her with would be appreciated.[video=youtube_share;G2br3gSjVsg]http://youtu.be/G2br3gSjVsg[/video]

That looks pretty darn good. Just keep the head more steady and brace the front leg better. It should land bent and then straighten to keep the head centered, keep balance and finish the hip rotation.

Maintain the spine tilt towards the plate. She straightens up as she finishes the swing.

May 13, 2013
thanks for the replies you two. I have definately noticed the front leg not being stiff. she normally puts all her weight back before she does anything. today I tried to get her to be more balanced with her weight from the start.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
anybody have anything to add to the other comments.

Yes. Don't listen to idiots.

If I get home this weekend I will help steer advice in a better direction (then sit back and watch all the "experts" come out of the shadows)....maybe someone will beat me to it.

Oct 25, 2009
anybody have anything to add to the other comments.

Hopefully, you can keep an open mind and try some of the suggestions on yourself before you try it on your DD.

Most on here really are interested in helping. The great news is that the more effort you make to figure out what's good for your DD, the better the final results will be. There is something to be learned from all!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
She needs to punch her butt at the ball instead of falling back on her rear foot too soon.

SBP ... do you see the segment repeated 3x in the GIF below? .... is this what you are referring to as "punch her butt at the ball"?

ACraig_1Bview_rearleg.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm not a big fan of the forward "reach" with the front leg. This may be her way of trying to "keep her weight back" ... but the reality is that the weight stays back while it goes forward. The 'balance' approach I see your daughter taking is to reach forward with the front leg while the hands reach rearward. Maybe a bit of a missinterpretation of what you've read somewhere. Check out some of the clips showing separation ala "walking away from the hands" and see if you see a different balanced approach.

Difficult to say from this one clip, but I get a sense that the lack of rotation suggested above is a result of not understanding that there should be certain muscles actually working to 'resist' rotation. I think Doc Yeager said it perfectly when he commented that he rotates faster and more efficiently by trying not to rotate. He was spot on IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24