Playing time in a social comp... Should I complain?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I'm in Vic. Playing B grade. And I have been considering talking to the club but I feel that could potentially strike a big black mark against my name, which instead of helping the situation, could make the problem worse.

Mar 13, 2010
My thinking is this. (and I had issues with a coach the past year as well, I'm leaving as he was president so really no recourse :) ) You're playing social. You're there to play. Not sit on the bench. I understand the 'play only if you're at training' rule, but it HAS to be applied consistently.

I would go to one of the higher ups in the club and explain that you love playing for the club but there is an issue with the coach and your playing time. Explain that you've already spoken to the coach about this and were told that it was based on his rule of those who train play first. You completely agree with that, your only issue is that it's not applied consistently. What do they suggest you do? You love the club but you also love the game and want to play.

Ultimately you need to be happy where you play. You also need to play. You might need to stick out the season but I'm sure there's a club out there that would love to have you. We're coming back from the brink as a sport, but no club can really afford to lose players.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06