Player pitching in two age classes simultaneously

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2021
My apologies if this issue was covered in the past but as a 'newbie', I am weak navigating this site. Are softball pitchers allowed to pitch in two age groups simultaneously i.e. "guest" at 14U and a full time rostered pitcher in 12U? Might the issue vary by organization?

Oct 23, 2019
I can't speak for the larger organizations, but I know in our local rec organization, there was a 12u eligible pitcher who was on the roster of both 14u and 12u, but only allowed to pitch in 14u.

Jul 14, 2018
If they’re rostered and age-verified at 12U, no reason they can’t play up. Whole teams play up to challenge themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 23, 2021
SC
we do all the time, depending on the weekend, obviously not at the same tournament though if thats what you are asking?

Feb 20, 2021
Thank you all. In this case, she'd pitch for two different orgs; likely different tournaments but perhaps same weekends. The local grapevine --hardly an authority-- has it that pitching for an older team allows playing for a younger team but no pitching.

Nov 23, 2021
SC
How could anyone possibly play in two different tournaments the same weekend? We are lucky to be able to grab a sandwich between games.

Jul 14, 2018
Thank you all. In this case, she'd pitch for two different orgs; likely different tournaments but perhaps same weekends.

To paraphrase Dr. Malcolm from Jurassic Park: Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.

Committing to pitch for two orgs at two different tournaments on the same weekend is a recipe for disaster. You’ll leave both coaches feeling that they were shortchanged and the pitcher will feel like she’s been hit by a truck. No-win situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 27, 2021
Majority of the weekend tournaments yes. Those typically don't require a locked in roster. Typically is within the same organization.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez