PLAY TO HAVE FUN is not a...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Play to have fun~
is not a deffinition
of HOW softball is to be played.

Bring this up because some people will generalize so much and just say
'you should be playing softball to have fun'.
But everyone's fun is defined differently!!!

What is your FUN ?
(really talking player perspective here, parental & coach perspectives will be interesting too)
Well, Rad, what is your definition of fun?

And how should softball be played?

Aug 25, 2019
Yet there are people who will tell other people what they should do based on what they themselves want.
And not even recognize others may want a different opportunity to experience the FUN they are looking for!

What is your FUN?
My fun is doing something I enjoy, even if I'm not good at it. I play golf, I stink at it, at the end of the round I play with friends, I'm happy I got out on the links and knocked the ball around and had a few drinks at the 19th hole....I had fun that day.

When I played softball in my work league years ago, I always had fun, if we won or lost, because it was a game, I didn't have to worry "oh if we don't win, I'm gonna lose my job" or worse "if I don't play well, I'm not going to get a college scholarship"....that's my fun, enjoying what I'm doing, because if I didn't enjoy playing golf or softball at the level I can play it, I wouldn't do it.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Well, Rad, what is your definition of fun?

And how should softball be played?
That is the questions of the post.
What is YOUR FUN?
i cannot answer that for you.

How players want to be play is also an individual goal.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
My fun is doing something I enjoy, even if I'm not good at it. I play golf, I stink at it, at the end of the round I play with friends, I'm happy I got out on the links and knocked the ball around and had a few drinks at the 19th hole....I had fun that day.

When I played softball in my work league years ago, I always had fun, if we won or lost, because it was a game, I didn't have to worry "oh if we don't win, I'm gonna lose my job" or worse "if I don't play well, I'm not going to get a college scholarship"....that's my fun, enjoying what I'm doing, because if I didn't enjoy playing golf or softball at the level I can play it, I wouldn't do it.
Alrighty kinda of a casual approach!

Aug 25, 2019
That is the questions of the post.
What is YOUR FUN?
i cannot answer that for you.

How players want to be play is also an individual goal.
There are many ways how to play softball.
Slow pitch
Fastpitch
Co-ed league's
Senior division.
Family picnic
Church teams
All At different levels
Then theres
Mechanics
Coaching styles
Excetra
Well, Rad, once again, WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF FUN?......I believe I gave mine.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Well, Rad, once again, WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF FUN?......I believe I gave mine.
Trample and Crush the competition.

Total workhorse 100%
Minimum 5 days a week
train~ practice~ play.
Dive to make the play is an instinct.
Green light is on!
Total hussle player willing to throw my body in front of would be runners to make the play.
Being at the ball field at 5:00 a.m.~ Befor the field crews.
In fact on road trips, often ate breakfast with umpires befor heading to the field.
Helping pitchers be successful.
Cheering for my team.
Cheering for any great play on the field regardless of who's team.
Attending and creating high intensity practices and pushing to find the next level.
Smiling because i enjoy softball so damn much...
The list goes on.....

Mostly my FUN has been training to grow my skills because i want to and did get the opportunity to play with and against some of the best softball players ever to play the game.
Be challenged by them,
And Succeed!
Totally FUN for me.

Now my FUN is helping others reach their FUN!

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Fun is spelled WIN

Therefore, only the championship team at a tournament had "fun"...since everyone else lost.

Hmmm...

My DD#3 won one NCAA championship...yet, she says that she loved every second of playing college sports, even though according to your definition, she only had "fun" one year.

My DD#1 never won a national championship, yet she wouldn't trade her experience of playing college ball for anything.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Therefore, only the championship team at a tournament had "fun"...since everyone else lost.

Hmmm...

My DD#3 won one NCAA championship...yet, she says that she loved every second of playing college sports, even though according to your definition, she only had "fun" one year.

My DD#1 never won a national championship, yet she wouldn't trade her experience of playing college ball for anything.
its not an arguement.

Its add whats YOUR FUN

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi