PLAY TO HAVE FUN is not a...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
As a player, my fun was in the batter's box or on the mound and testing my abilities against others. Sure there were highs and lows. However, I still loved the competition and discovering what I could do.

As a parent, the fun was the journey. Every bit of the journey. I loved the highs and lows and knew that there would eventually come that day when it would all end. Now, the dd and I will be coaching against one another and I'll have a blast.

As a coach? Winning was certainly fun. A couple of state championships, a state runner-up, ... all were a lot of fun and a part of that was a winning streak of 64 games in a row. However, the development of players was equally as much fun. I think the thing that topped it all off was the relationships. I think that was the most fun. I would mention this. I love the strategies of the game and back to what made playing fun, I want to see if I am as good or better than my competition.

May 11, 2018
My DD plays at the higher level, i can tell she has fun because she is always laughing and joking with the girls. i would even say she has too much fun. I really don't care about the wins and losses. I always say to her the last time i see her before the games is ( follow your training and have fun). if she isn't having fun then as a family we're wasting our time and money.

Mar 6, 2016
RAD: "Being at the ball field at 5:00 a.m.~ Befor the field crews."

We DEFINITELY each have a different opinion/view of what "fun" is! lol 🤪

DD just had two back to back 5am wake ups this past weekend...and it definitely would not be considered a "fun" experience getting up that early.

At the fields and playing and watching her...yes. But HELL NO on the 5am part. :sleep:

I do truly wonder how many young kids/teens get turned off to a sport simply because of all the early AM wake ups. It takes a toll at some point I feel in the overall "pleasure" of playing or doing something.

It would be interesting to have a poll on players who after hanging up the cleats or whatever and see how much getting up early or the time of travelling affected their view of the sport they played and what factor it played in that decision.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2015
Hell to the no on those 8 am games. I am not a morning person. The things we do for our kids. I have been known to get a hotel to save 30 min of sleep....I know laugh all you want but this mama will sacrifice my bank account for my beauty

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Trample and Crush the competition.

Total workhorse 100%
Minimum 5 days a week
train~ practice~ play.
Dive to make the play is an instinct.
Green light is on!
Total hussle player willing to throw my body in front of would be runners to make the play.
Being at the ball field at 5:00 a.m.~ Befor the field crews.
In fact on road trips, often ate breakfast with umpires befor heading to the field.
Helping pitchers be successful.
Cheering for my team.
Cheering for any great play on the field regardless of who's team.
Attending and creating high intensity practices and pushing to find the next level.
Smiling because i enjoy softball so damn much...
The list goes on.....

Mostly my FUN has been training to grow my skills because i want to and did get the opportunity to play with and against some of the best softball players ever to play the game.
Be challenged by them,
And Succeed!
Totally FUN for me.

Now my FUN is helping others reach their FUN!
You. Are. A. Gem!
Like someone who has lived their true calling.

My fun has been learning to love a sport I have never played and never will (at least not fastpitch). Always learning more so I can help others enjoy it.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hell to the no on those 8 am games. I am not a morning person. The things we do for our kids. I have been known to get a hotel to save 30 min of sleep....I know laugh all you want but this mama will sacrifice my bank account for my beauty

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Theres some honest prioritizing! Good for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877