pitching mound

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2011
I am a high school sb coach at a small school, we had the sb field reconstructed because of construction at the school, the company did a crappy job on the field and the pitchers mound and the batters box has nothing substantial under the clay kitty litter they called a red clay infield, of course they went belly up and have no one to fix it, any suggestions on what kind of a base I could put in those areas that would hold up and be safe?

Jul 26, 2010
Mound master bricks are very easy to work with. We did all seven of our rec league fields this year with them both batting boxes and pitching area. We plan to do catchers boxes next spring.

I have a 3x12 pitching surface in my back yard that is built with them and a cover of infield cover And it holds up beautifully. The key is not to put the clay too deep. About half an inch of cover is plenty.

Since you are high school I'd stay away from the jox box. It isn't meant for metal cleats.

-W

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Since you are high school I'd stay away from the jox box. It isn't meant for metal cleats.

-W

Never had a problem with them. . .run full hs schedule, college tournament and over 500 tournament games during a summer. Yes do require some maintenance but very little during the season and during tournaments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g