Pitching/Hitting Net for Garage

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
With our season coming to an end this Saturday, I would like to setup a pitching/hitting area in my single car garage. I have no problem doing a DYI project. This would be mainly for hitting off the tee and learning how to pitch. Her swing has progressed so such much these few months I don't her to forget while she is doing basketball during the winter.

I was thinking of setting up type of temp wall using moving blankets. Use PVC as the frame and go from there.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
While I applaud your DIY mentality, Bow Nets and the copycat models are so cheap that it does not make a whole lot of sense to try a DIY solution. If funds are tight see if you can find a used one on Craigslist or Ebay. They are easy to put up and take down, and are portable, and while we have worn out a few of them with our TB team, I imagine they will last for 5+ years if just one or two people are hitting into them.

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
That's my thinking as well. With the holidays coming up just didn't want to spend a bunch. I'll look on the interwebz as well. Just haven't had a good DIY project in a while.

Oct 2, 2015
I set up a 10'x10'x24' cage in our garage. I set it up on aircraft cables and clamp to easily slide the net back and forth. ~$250 total
In our basement I set up a 10'x10'x10' open ended batting cage. Also set up on aircraft cables and clamps for 2 minutes set up (seriously) ~ $130 total, less if you wait for a deal on a net on eBay. Net was $90
The girls set-up on the open end with a tee and hit into the closed end. My youngest DD also pitches into it.
Weights are needed to hold the far end of the net down when the balls coming flying in and they are hit low.
Also, cover the weights up with a pillow or something. If a regular or dimpled ball gets hit into the weights they come flying back pretty fast and erratic!
Good luck!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06