Pitching coach break up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2015
normal IL
DD has started with a new pitching coach teaching IR. Been with other coach for 2 years ( teaches HE) , but its time to move on. Any suggestions or should it be just short and to the point. Thanks for any help

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Short, not point needed.

We are going to try a new pitch coach, we really appreciate all the help you have given us the last couple years.

Aug 21, 2008
Tengauge

I respectfully disagree with Quincy, sort of. While I agree that you don't "owe" him/her anything, you paid for the service. But, I would say if the coach asks why you're leaving BE HONEST. Who knows, maybe the coach will do some research and see the light. I don't believe ANY coach is intentionally teaching bad things, doing it with malice. The Hello Elbow coaches BELIEVE in what they are teaching. And if you tell them why you're leaving, maybe that coach will look at themselves and look at this board (or even better still... buy all my videos which I will discount for him/her!!) and see the light.

Odds are, if you've been with them for 2 years, the coach will ask why you're leaving. If they don't ask, then they don't really care and it's probably all about the money for them. I'm not saying this makes me a better human being or anything but, I send emails to former student parents who have left me, for various reasons, and ask how the daughter is doing, how she's pitching, staying healthy, etc. I know some have left to go to other coaches, either because of travel distance, or because they were convinced by someone they could acheive the same results by doing easier work, or, maybe I did one of my magic lessons and fixed them after only 1 hour!!!!!! But, I care about the kids I see, especially the ones who've been with me for a while. So I would want to know why she's leaving. And find out how she's doing later.

But if he does ask, tell him the truth. What is the worst that will happen... maybe he'll do some homework, like you did, to see the light! Call it tough love.

Bill

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If HE pitching coaches knew they were losing students to IR instructors there is a chance they will "see the light" and convert....

May 18, 2009
DD's pitching coach was DD's 1st pitching coach coach. Why did we leave, the student teaches HE and the new coach is IR.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs