Pitching Break

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
So a month, basically?
If they make it to CWS. Sorry it is August 1st. Right about the time they start summer camps. Had to check with DD who went to one a few years back. Alexis Osorio was her camp counselor and she just did a few walk throughs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
As a pediatrician and softball mom I definitely recommend time off from throwing and pitching and frankly don't care about a wild streak. I'm with sluggers on the minimum 2 weeks and would prefer 4. She's a baby in the pitching game and a baby in the skeletal maturation game so some time off now will pay off big in the future. Mine is not a pitcher but is taking 4 weeks off from hitting and throwing. Our pitchers won't throw again for at least 4 weeks either and this is a top 5 ranked 14u PGF team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Agree with this! New PC had DD take a month off 2 winters ago....she hated it but wow was it good. We did it again last year...same rejuvenation. Just starting this years shutdown and expect the same. We do, however, crank up the overall fitness work...runnings, bands, weights (light), agilities, yoga. In season that takes a backseat so it just makes sense to take this time to build overall strength for all the sports she plays.

4 weeks from not pitching, hitting or being softball obsessed is good for the mental state and won’t prevent them from making gains....sure the first couple weeks back can be tough but we have to remember development isn’t a straight line with and upward trajectory.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd