Pitcher feedback - 11 years old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2008
Yes that makes complete sense and will be something good to watch for as she works out. And regarding your previous post on the stress on the knee (pic #4), that is why I like this forum so much. I never noticed it, but when you pointed it, it looks pretty obvious.

When you get her to stop don't be surprised if she starts throwing the ball over your head. Right now that heavy drag is having a decelerating effect and is taking some speed potential away. If you get her to drag her toe you'll likely have to get her to speed her arm up to compensate.

Oct 3, 2009
Yes, when it is illegal. ;)

Does George Jones still teach in St. Louis? He was a stickler for leg work and I liked his ideas on rhythm and balance.

:) Well that makes sense. And I appreciate yours everybody elses feedback so far. I believe George still does teach, but she is going to a local instructor Sam Andrews and he is very much a stickler for the fundamentals. Thank you again f

Some pretty good advice here. I do think her drive leg is way to high. As somebody stated before, no higher than the push leg knee. I actually prefer that the toe stays down similiar to a sprinter. As far as the drag I think it is really important to keep the drag foot heel up to avoid that side drag. This will keep the stress off the knee and back. I have been hearing about alot of acl issues that may be related to the side of the foot dragging as shown. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes