Pitch Windup Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2010
My daughter plays softball and we played against a team that has a pitcher that does a very strange wind up. She sways from side to side like a cobra and then will go into the pitch.

1. What is this type of wind up called and
2. for the NFHS rules, is this a legal pitch?

Thanks for your help.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
My daughter plays softball and we played against a team that has a pitcher that does a very strange wind up. She sways from side to side like a cobra and then will go into the pitch.

1. What is this type of wind up called and
2. for the NFHS rules, is this a legal pitch?

Thanks for your help.

It's not a wind up, it's a pre-motion. As long as your feet stay on the rubber and your hands stay together, you can bend over backwards, suck up some dirt, come back up and spit a mudball if you want to, as long as you release the ball for delivery inside 10 seconds.

You can get REAL creative with pre-motions.

Mar 13, 2010
I've seen some hysterical pre-motions before. If you can make them good, you can really throw the batter off.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I've seen some hysterical pre-motions before. If you can make them good, you can really throw the batter off.

When it comes to distractions in pre-motions, ever heard of the 'Tummy rub' or the 'Fireman's ladder'?

Mar 13, 2010
Nope, one of the guys I knew as a kid did this thing where he moved his glove from side to side, up, down and then went into the motion. It drove batter INSANE.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd