Pics of your team carts/trailers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2010
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Amy. I don't mean any disrespect but some of the posters on here come across as extream softball snobs. I love this site and love hearing how softball is regarded different areas, but alot of you make broad statements about how if you play rec ball then you aren't real softball players. All of us can't be on a travel ball team that flys across the country to play ball but that doesn't mean that our children are any less dedicated to the sport. I have two girls, one who plays travel and rec and countless times I've felt I had to defend that decision. The other daughter only plays on a rec team but that doesn't mean that she is a horrible player. She just isn't as dedicated to the sport as the older one. She still loves to play nonetheless. I just feel sometimes like when I come on here that I'm afraid to ask a question for fear of being talked down to because my girls play rec.

I dont think I ever read anything where someone said if you play rec ball you arent a real softball player.

But at the same time it is true that a recreational player is not the same as a more serious player who is trying to get the training and experience needed for the collegiate level. That is what travel ball is about.

You get educated by digesting different opinions, not by complaining that others have them and are willing to share them.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a player within self imposed limits.

I drive every day, but I dont want to be a race-car driver. I might go fishing at a friday night tournament on the local lake, but I dont want to compete on the professional bass tour. I might even play in a rec softball adult league, but that doesnt mean I want to compete at high levels, go to nationals , etc. (I might just want to drink beer with buddies) .

I think most people do understand the difference. But there are many rec players that do aspire to be travel players. and many travel players that aspire to be elite players. knowledge is power. They can learn from others that have been there.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2009
I have a deal with my DD: I carry her bag when she has a trophy in her hand, otherwise its her game and her gear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan