PGF Registration Process for 2016

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Has anyone tried the PGF registration process for 2016 yet?

I am struggling a bit with how it is done. ;-) Last year, it took me a while to figure it out but I finally got it done. So I have started early for this coming year.

I am not new to registering teams online and in the past have used USSSA, ASA, NSA, USFA, TCS and a few other "Showcase/Recruiting sites"

If I am understanding it –– after the coach registers and enters the players name and an email address on the roster, the player (parent) will receive an email to fill out the online form, "sign" the waivers then pay $15 for the player, and upload a birth certificate.

While this takes a lot of the administrative work off of the coaches shoulders, you really can't control when it gets done. ;-)

The player fee for PGF comes out of the parents pocket directly this year. Isn't that included in the player's team fees for most team?

Does anyone have anything that will make this process easier?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2009
There were dozens of complaints on one of the local Chicago message boards that Bill Conroy from the Bandits frequented often. He owns a portion of the PGF. Most of the complaints were not as nice as yours. In fact, most of them were scathing. He did not answer as to why PGF did something that stupid as to think all parents were technically adept as to be able to upload a birth certificate and make a $15 payment online.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
There were dozens of complaints on one of the local Chicago message boards that Bill Conroy from the Bandits frequented often. He owns a portion of the PGF. Most of the complaints were not as nice as yours. In fact, most of them were scathing. He did not answer as to why PGF did something that stupid as to think all parents were technically adept as to be able to upload a birth certificate and make a $15 payment online.

Thanks! I did email them with some ideas that would make it a little easier (I accidentally called them tips and was a little more hostile in my original email)

Here was their response:
Thanks for the tips. We have had thousands of people and over a thousand teams sign up with absolutely no issues and no complaints. Rosters are in order by last name in our admin. back end and they are in order by first name in Bonzi Team. So really, you are just frustrated that this process is not exactly how you want it to be.

DUH!

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
We play in our first PGF tournament in a couple weeks. We are just dipping our toes into the water, so to speak, for now.
I'm very excited to play at, what we are hoping, a higher level of softball. Not too high just yet as we're only a regionals/futures team. Hopefully it'll be a good stepping stone for us and if things go well we plan to play more tournaments next year.
That said, I found the registration and website, very difficult to understand and follow. We did not have to pay the fee to upload birth certificates but the website was a host of other headaches.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
Thanks! I did email them with some ideas that would make it a little easier (I accidentally called them tips and was a little more hostile in my original email)

Here was their response:

DUH!

Welcome to PGF world. They created a product that coaches wanted. Now that they're established, they're just like every other alphabet organization they used to complain about..."you don't like our process, play somewhere else".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles