PGF Nationals bound!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
Here is my understanding of the protest that was upheld.
DD was the DP and F1 was the flex. When F1 got into trouble our HC was bringing DD in to hopefully pitch out of the jam (great thinking on his part because it did not burn my DD pitching a game we very well could lose anyway). (down to 9 players since DP playing defense for Flex) That was working great, but in the 4th inning he decide to bring in our #4 pitcher who has a good change up to try to throw off the batters timing instead of using my DD. When the HC did that the DP and Flex were both out of the game. (No, the sub is now the DP) If the HC had put my DD into RF he would have been fine, but pulling them both out of the game at the same time, and then putting my DD back into the game after that batter was a substitution infraction. (No, every player is entitled to re-enter once) Therefore, y'all protested the game and when the protest was upheld, they resorted back to the 4th inning when the infraction occurred. At that point both the starting P and my DD were "burned" and not eligible to pitch, which is why we had to bring in our 3rd pitcher to finish the game.
Congrats, however I don't see why the protest was upheld. DP and Flex are tied to positions in the line-up, not specific players. Every player is entitled to re-enter once, including players that started in the DP and Flex positions.

d. The DP may be substituted for at any time by a legal substitute or the FLEX may play offense for the DP. In either case, the DP will leave the game. If replaced by a substitute, the DP position remains in the lineup. A starting DP may re-enter one time, provided the DP returns to the original position in the batting order.

FWIW, a better move was enter the 3rd pitcher in the Flex spot, which would have left your DD in the game.

2. If the FLEX re-enters or a substitute enters as the FLEX and the DP was playing defense in the FLEX player's spot, the DP can return to batting only, play defense for another player or leave the game if the FLEX plays offense for the DP.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Congrats, however I don't see why the protest was upheld. DP and Flex are tied to positions in the line-up, not specific players. Every player is entitled to re-enter once, including players that started in the DP and Flex positions.

d. The DP may be substituted for at any time by a legal substitute or the FLEX may play offense for the DP. In either case, the DP will leave the game. If replaced by a substitute, the DP position remains in the lineup. A starting DP may re-enter one time, provided the DP returns to the original position in the batting order.

FWIW, a better move was enter the 3rd pitcher in the Flex spot, which would have left your DD in the game.

2. If the FLEX re-enters or a substitute enters as the FLEX and the DP was playing defense in the FLEX player's spot, the DP can return to batting only, play defense for another player or leave the game if the FLEX plays offense for the DP.

Where we you Sunday morning when we needed someone to argue our case!

Aug 8, 2010
I have 2 advanced degrees and that stuff confuses me to no end. Glad it worked out for ya'll Bud.

Glad she got some tall from you and looks from her Mama.

Sep 18, 2011
Clearly JAD's team tried to cheat and got caught. Bad form, JAD. Bad form!!! :)

Seriously congrats to JAD and #10's Dad!!

Oct 10, 2011
Is there a link to show who has qualified for PGF in CA? I'd also like to know for ASA Gold Nationals if there is a list that's updated...
Thanks

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
JAD and #10's Dad - the battle has been joined. See you in California!

We need to plan a DFP reunion with adult beverages and cigars at 18U PGF this year. Who all will be there? [MENTION=5036]29dad[/MENTION] [MENTION=10586]#10's Dad[/MENTION]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles