Most Games In A Single Day?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
6 is the most in a day. DD played Catcher in 5 back to back games in May in a 14U tourney. I actually miss those days. 16U/18U showcases are boring. 2 games a day. Go home, come back 2 games. I like that they are starting to introduce a single Elimination bracket on Sunday so they can really compete.

Aug 29, 2018
I think this is a problem for girls playing in 10u. There should be different rules or their games played earlier. It’s too much. Unless the teams have 5 pitchers, which most don’t

Aug 20, 2018
We were in a similar situation to the op. We lost early and had to play back. We ended up losing our 6th game of the day but had we won we would have played our 7th that day for the championship. My girls were running on fumes by the end of that 6th game and we ended up losing 8-7 on a error at the plate. This was a 12u tournament. I think its just way too many games to play, but I guess the argument is, win and you don't have to be put in that situation?

May 16, 2016
Illinois
What shocked me was some of the teams we faced were going thru the tournament with just one pitcher. Some of these girls had to pitch 4 or 5 complete games in just one day. Is that irresponsible on the coaches part? We had two primary pitchers that were alternating. 2 games in a row each to start and then alternating every other game after that. If needed we had two back up pitchers that we could use in a pinch.

What is the most games your team has played in a single day? How many pitchers did you use?

It is completely irresponsible to have a girl throw 4-5 complete games in a day. My guess is, since this is 10u that most of those games did not go longer than 3-4 innings with a 65 minute time limit. You are really playing half games.

You are still looking at roughly 20-24 innings and you should have 3 pitchers for that many innings. Especially at 10u. There are not very many 12 pitch innings in 10u softball unless you are playing elite teams.

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
If the games are only 65 minutes long and extra inning games that make the game twice as many innings are still only 6 innings long.... How is that pitcher pitching 7 complete games?
7 complete games is 49 innings/147 outs.
Pitching 3 innings isn't a complete game, a good outing by the pitcher and 3 innings of work won't even get through the whole lineup with a flex.
And 10 minutes between two 3 inning games is just a break, 6 innings isn't even 1 complete game.

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
We played 2 games back to back starting at 9:20am, a 1 hour break, then 5 more back to back. With two of our games going into tie breakers and some other games going into tie breakers the final championship game didn't end until 9:45pm. 7 games over 12+ hrs.
How many innings did they play over 12+ hours? The number of games is fluff, if games are limited to 65 minutes, then they played just over 6.5 hours of softball over what you said was greater than 12 hours.

Jun 8, 2016
If the games are only 65 minutes long and extra inning games that make the game twice as many innings are still only 6 innings long.... How is that pitcher pitching 7 complete games?
7 complete games is 49 innings/147 outs.
Pitching 3 innings isn't a complete game, a good outing by the pitcher and 3 innings of work won't even get through the whole lineup with a flex.
And 10 minutes between two 3 inning games is just a break, 6 innings isn't even 1 complete game.
You are missing the point...unless you just want to start sh**. Let's assume an average inning is 15-20 pitches, which is probably pretty good for 10U. Pitch 21 of those and a 10YO kid who throws every game is throwing 315 to 420 pitches in a day...that sound good to you? Lets say they have 2 pitchers..then it would be somewhere between 150 and 200 pitches..still probably a bit too much.

Edit: and to your point, a complete game has always been defined as getting every out for your team regardless the number of innings which constitutes a full game.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478