Pet Peeve thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Okay...let's go in a little different direction. Mine is going to a 4 or 5 gg TB tournament for our first game on a Friday night. Gate fees are $8 for a weekend pass or $3 dollars a day. What about the teams that show up for their first game on Saturday? Why do they get a $2 break? Believe me, it's not the extra $2 but the principle of it. Also, what about buying the weekend pass and playing at 3 different complexes over the course of the weekend. Then they don't charge gate fees at the other complexes.

I'd LOVE $8 for a weekend pass or $3 a day! The gate fees around here are almost always $5 a day if not higher. I don't mind paying my share, but I really hate paying that much and then there's no soap or toilet paper in the restrooms, the grounds and fields aren't kept up, etc.

On language misuse: I hate to hear "mute point" instead of "moot point" and "supposeably" instead of "supposedly." The use of "suppose to", "use to", and "try and" instead of "supposed to", "used to" and "try to" in writing also drives me nuts. :-D

Oh, yes. How did I forget? Thank you for reminding me, shockcoach! I have no problem with the use of "of" instead of the helping verb "have" in speaking, but this should never happen in writing!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
OK, "Pit in my stomach" gives me a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I have learned the hard way(after being raised by grammar nazi's) that it is foolish and shallow to judge one's intelligence by their language skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd