Overhead windup injury risk?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
Each pitcher has her own comfort zone. The mental component of pitching should not be overlooked, as far as routines are concerned. When taking a free throw in basketball, dribbling the ball some number of times at the foul line does nothing to benefit the shot, yet even the best foul shooters generally do it.

Heee. Funny you should say that. I've been encourged to lose the high wind up because of these issues (no shoulder pain, just worries about tiring me out) So I've been doing a small wind up. Only problem? For some unknown reason, when doing this short wind up my front foot comes up. I don't know why, it just does. Making me illegeal as all get out. I'm using Xmas holidays (my whole week and a half!) to work on this with my dad. I need a smaller wind up but I need to be legal too ;)

Aug 19, 2011
She does not have it here, or in other places.

Very well, I retract my citation of her as an example of an overhead-windup pitcher. But I stand by my statement that my dd first adopted the overhead windup after watching her DVD, in which she DOES have it. Unless that style was used only for the video, it would seem that she changed, and perhaps what we're discussing here had something to do with it. It was nice dealing with her company -- she sent along a signed card.

May 25, 2010
Very well, I retract my citation of her as an example of an overhead-windup pitcher. But I stand by my statement that my dd first adopted the overhead windup after watching her DVD, in which she DOES have it. Unless that style was used only for the video

This clip is only a tiny sample size, but I saw what you did, too:

msmith01.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse