Outstanding Softball Book - Finished It by Cassie Reilly-Boccia

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
I just wanted to take a minute to recommend to you all the book "Finished It" by Cassie Reilly-Boccia. Cassie was the first baseman for the 2012 national champion Alabama softball team. You may remember her absolutely blowing up a base runner coming down the line in fair territory in the final inning of the last game of that series.

This book mixes a look back at the day of the final game and the game itself with anecdotes covering Reilly-Boccia's entire career at Alabama. It is a great read and will really make you a fan of the approach of the Crimson Tide.

The unique thing about this book is that I really believe it will appeal to a very wide audience. I think parents (like me) will enjoy it. I believe that girls from lower middle school through high school and even college would enjoy the book and learn a great deal from it (about life more than softball). I also think softball coaches would really like the book and benefit from hearing some of the things that Coach Murphy teaches and the impact that a coaching staff has on young women. It's a powerful message.

The book is an absolute bargain at under 4 bucks for your Kindle on Amazon! Get a copy for you and one for your DD and read it together!

Oct 19, 2009
I have not read the book, but having the pleasure of meeting Cassie Reilly-Boccia when DD attended the AL camps. I was sure the book would be a great read. She would always complement me on my NY Yankees ball cap, being she was from NY.

I've looked for the book in different book stores, but so far have not found it. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Feb 12, 2014
It's available online both at Amazon and on BN.com. Both places have their respective ebook versions below five bucks.

ItsJustAGameCoach!

Softball Sponge
Dec 7, 2014
Surprise Arizona
I missed the 2012 Championship games and unfortunately this play. That was awesome!!! My current girls are only 8U but I always tell them that they OWN the base path. Not to try and make a collision, but if going around the runner will keep them from making the play then they need to stand their ground. It hardly ever happens because they are usually afraid of the contact, but this was an awesome example.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2013
"Finished It" is a great read and I would highly recommend it to any fastpitch player and coach. The book has some great insight into the philosophy behind a high level D-1 program but it is undoubtedly valuable to fastpitch players and coaches at all levels. Great softball stuff as well as great life lessons. Find it on Amazon and buy it for you and your DD today! I plan on buying a copy for everyone on our team.

Dec 8, 2013
I missed the 2012 Championship games and unfortunately this play. That was awesome!!! My current girls are only 8U but I always tell them that they OWN the base path. Not to try and make a collision, but if going around the runner will keep them from making the play then they need to stand their ground. It hardly ever happens because they are usually afraid of the contact, but this was an awesome example.
Allow me to knock your socks off, 2012 Season in 16 mins:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Flii1VMRXYA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The play in question is @ 8:54!

Dec 11, 2010
"Finished It" was really good. Get it, read it, give it to your dd, pass that thing around to everyone who wants to read it.

Northmont, thanks for posting that. Perfect timing, I just finished the book. Saw a lot of little details that were mentioned in the book.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207