Out for the year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 19, 2009
Glad to hear Emily is doing well. It really can put things in perspective. My daughter suffered a concussion three weeks ago in a terrible train - wreck of a play where she went head first into the end of the gym wall at full speed. on the way out to her I was thinking a million things but mostly praying to God that she would walk again. I got there, saw the feet move, saw the fingers move and said a huge thank you to the Man upstairs. Still dealing with some issues but things are moving in the right direction. BB season looks done, just hoping for HS and TB seasons to be ok. Best of luck to you, Emily and your family.

Jul 31, 2011
I have been following Emily's progress through your posts, and am so happy she is recovering. My DD is also Emily, 13 Y/O, a pitcher, and lives and breathes softball. As I read your posts, I know what happened to your Emily could so easily happen here. Her season off of playing will fly by and she will be back on the mound and swinging that bat so quickly you will wonder where the time went.

My son had to take a year off of his favorite sport due to a serious injury. During his time off we took the time to do many things we normally didn't have time for, fishing trips, family vacations, etc. The break was actually quite nice. When he returned to competition we were all recharged and happy about the break. I hope the same happens for you and your family!

Best wishes to Emily as she heals...and to her family!

Aug 14, 2011
Thank God you were vigilant through all this and got her treated. I'm sorry she'll be out for a year. I have a softball crazy 17 yr old. Two years ago a bad elbow sprain and bad medical advice led to 6 months off of softball, missing 1/2of school ball and all of summer travel. Then, just six months later, she hit her head on the gym bleachers during a sports class jut as school ball started back up. Bad concussion. We shut her completely down for 10 days (no TV, phones, music,school). After two weeks she tested fine and docs said she could return to all, but we held her out longer, just to be safe. She was itching to play, but as others have said, better safe than sorry. I hope you all can enjoy a break for the next year, that Emily continues to heal, and that someone can learn from your experience. God Bless.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
For what is worth DD missed all of last year’s preseason practices and the first ½ of the games. She felt like she was being left behind, if that makes sense. Only took her a couple weeks to get back in the swing of things and she was so happy to be on the field again and she forgot the being left behind really quickly.

Mar 13, 2010
I'm so glad there's a happy ending. I'm so glad you're looking at this break as a positive for Emily. And I'm thrilled for her that her coach is keeping her involved with the team. Best wishes to your and your family.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877