Out for the year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Those that where following my daughter Emily's progress on her concussion and brain surgery.Well Emily went back to the Drs yesterday,they are very happy with her healing and progress.It was really good news to us.The part that Emily didn't like was she is out for the year in softball.The Drs said she could practice her pitching,and hitting off a tee,but no throwing at her,until late fall.She was just happy to be able to work on pitching again,she really has missed that.She is only 13yo and I told her she has alot of time.Her TB coach has all ready told Emily she will always have a spot on his team and he looks forward to next year.The high school coach has asked Emily to be the score keeper and the manager,she looks forward to that as well.We are going to still travel with her TB team,we may miss a few weekends,going to try to get some more lessons for Emily from Bill Hillhouse,with Emily not playing it may open up some more time to get lessons with him,I highly recommend getting lessons from Hillhouse,not that others PC are bad,dont get me wrong,but I like the way Bill presents himself.Well thats all for now,good luck to all of you this year,maybe Emily and I will get to meet some of you some where.

Jun 18, 2010
Nano, since you have shared your story with Emily, my DD has two friends that have suffered concussions while playing basketball in the last two weeks. Both girls came down hard on the floor hitting their head on the court. One girl is a school mate, the other a member of the TB team. I shared your story with both families and told them to keep a close watch on their DDs. Both missed a week of school. The girl who is the school mate complained of problems with her vision and continues to be closely observed by her parents and doctors. Good luck with the BH pitching lessons (jealous).

Jan 25, 2011
Nano, since you have shared your story with Emily, my DD has two friends that have suffered concussions while playing basketball in the last two weeks. Both girls came down hard on the floor hitting their head on the court. One girl is a school mate, the other a member of the TB team. I shared your story with both families and told them to keep a close watch on their DDs. Both missed a week of school. The girl who is the school mate complained of problems with her vision and continues to be closely observed by her parents and doctors. Good luck with the BH pitching lessons (jealous).
My prayers and well wishes are with them,I hope everything works out well.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Glad to hear this story sounds like it will have a happy ending. What she and your family went through is very scary and as Coach JV says, missing a season is small price to pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad