OTF Home Runs experience...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
My DD gave up a HR to the 2nd batter she faced playing 12u. Fun fact is I don't think this kid has gotten another hit on her since, maybe 5-6 AB. She was a good player back then, even better today. Doing great things as a freshman.

DD hit her first HR as a 2nd year 12u player playing up. Didn't see a lot of HR that year, but saw a few the year after. This team was a B team the first year and an A team the year after.

I know of a kid that hit over 30 HRs in 2 years of 12u, but has hit less than 10 after moving up to 14u and playing against much, much better pitchers.

Aug 5, 2015
Prompted by a parent brag post about an OTF HR at 12U.

Our OTF HR experience over the years by age group:

12U Young: Played in a few in-state tournaments= ZERO HR hit for or against us
12U Old: Played in a bunch of in-state tournaments= ZERO HR hit for or against us
14U Young: Played in a bunch of in-state tournaments= ZERO HR hit for or against us (witnessed a couple hit in other tournament games)
14 Old: Played in a bunch of in-state tournaments and traveled to several neighboring states for tournaments= over a dozen HR hit for us and probably 4 or 5 hit against us (DD hit her first)

Do the rest of you see a bunch at 12U? I think in all my years going to games I have only heard or seen 1 girl at 12U hit an OTF homerun. :confused:
Yikes dude, you better step it up, everyone else here's DD has multiple 300 foot+ shots.

Dec 10, 2017
DD hit her first last summer as a 2nd yr 12u. Unfortunately, she gave up her first that same game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2016
DD had 9 OTF in 12U. 3 OTF so far in her first year as 14U and 1 in middle school. My biggest concern is if/when we play more talented teams, will she be able to keep up with better pitchers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dec 20, 2013
Parkersburg, WV
Daughter(03)#1 hit 18 at 2nd yr 12u, 5hr at Road to Orlando tourney, which we won(Flamin Fury 03), offensive MVP . She is now 14(freshman) with her 40th hr, during a high school game. 5" 6' 160. She has almost hit a couple over a 300 ft fence, I have one on video, lol Ohio Lasers Black 03. She has used the same bat since 12u, Demarini 32 -9. CF8 and its still smoking hot!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma