Opinions on three different bats.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Well, just finished getting our new Rocketflex ready for UPS to return to Softball.com. Never even removed the shrink wrapping. Thanks to everyone for their help (Greenmonsters) and replies on this bat. Maybe my DD is not as strong as I thought. I bought the
30/20 and I've got to tell ya this bat is insanely heavy for a 30/20 ! I work with a couple of guys that have DD's that play travel ball
and one guy here had an old (2012) Xeno 32/22 and we all agreed it swings lighter then this RF. As soon as I took if out of the box
I said oh no ! Its too bad cause its a very cool looking, well built bat. So, how will a Demarini CF6 -10 (30/20) feel weight wise
compared to the RF ? Lighter, alot lighter ? I'm definitely going to get a CF6 next, just not sure on the -10 or -11. Just wish
I could get my hands on a -10 so she could swing it.

May 27, 2013
Here is a link to the Demarini Web site that will let you put in your zip code and will tell you where the nearest place is where she can demo their bats. Demo House | DeMarini I just purchased my dd (age 11; 62 in/78#) the CF6 Hope bat which is -10 and it is a very light-swinging bat. She used last year's Bustos model which was a -13 and she can swing the Hope just fine.

Apr 1, 2010
Anderson bats run very heavy, so do at least some of the Eastons. A Demarini CF(whatever number you choose) will feel a lot lighter.

My DD had a Techzilla that was an awesome cage bat; that thing was a tank, but it was about 2 ounces over its listed weight.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anderson bats run very heavy, so do at least some of the Eastons. A Demarini CF(whatever number you choose) will feel a lot lighter.

My DD had a Techzilla that was an awesome cage bat; that thing was a tank, but it was about 2 ounces over its listed weight.

Its not like I wasn't warned......the plan was to actually use the proof at the plate guarantee and hope she could use it. Had no way
to get one in my hands except to buy one. Once I got to hold & swing it myself said no way ! I let my DD swing it for an hour but
I said to her do NOT remove the plastic wrap ! She really wanted an Anderson bat but I felt better when she said "yeah dad, its
too heavy".

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Its not like I wasn't warned......the plan was to actually use the proof at the plate guarantee and hope she could use it. Had no way
to get one in my hands except to buy one. Once I got to hold & swing it myself said no way ! I let my DD swing it for an hour but
I said to her do NOT remove the plastic wrap ! She really wanted an Anderson bat but I felt better when she said "yeah dad, its
too heavy".

AD, if she really wants an Anderson, a 30/20 Nanotek would be a great option. Its a balanced single wall completely different than the RT, RF, TZ and is comparable in weight and feel to "normal" balanced bats. Excellent pop, BIG sweet spot and its Anderson's top of the line bat (DD swings her 34/24 Nano sometimes late in the day on Sundays when she's worn down and the endload of her 33" RTs or RF is too much). Not being made anymore but the best news is that you can get a new one for under $100 on the bay Anderson NanoTek FP Launch Pad 10 All Sizes FP Softball Bat 017018 NIW | eBay

ETA - It won't have the new USSSA stamp, but is approved by all other associations

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2013
My DD likes Xeno. 30" is too short after 12U. The goal is to get to 32" long, what the top players use. Pick your drop.

Most top players play with 32 drop 10, or 32 drop 9. That is the goal. How you get there is your choice.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
AD, if she really wants an Anderson, a 30/20 Nanotek would be a great option. Its a balanced single wall completely different than the RT, RF, TZ and is comparable in weight and feel to "normal" balanced bats. Excellent pop, BIG sweet spot and its Anderson's top of the line bat (DD swings her 34/24 Nano sometimes late in the day on Sundays when she's worn down and the endload of her 33" RTs or RF is too much). Not being made anymore but the best news is that you can get a new one for under $100 on the bay Anderson NanoTek FP Launch Pad 10 All Sizes FP Softball Bat 017018 NIW | eBay

ETA - It won't have the new USSSA stamp, but is approved by all other associations

Hey Greenmonsters, you say the Nano is Andersons top of the line bat ? Rated over the RT & RF ? I just assumed the Rocketech
was their flagship and top rated bat. How is the pop compared to the CF6 or the Xeno ? Thanks again, always appreciate your
post. Haven't made any decision on another bat yet, leaning heavily toward the CF6. Probably going to wait until my CC has been
reimbursed. I think I'll do a little research on the Nanotek !

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Hey Greenmonsters, you say the Nano is Andersons top of the line bat ? Rated over the RT & RF ? I just assumed the Rocketech
was their flagship and top rated bat. How is the pop compared to the CF6 or the Xeno ? Thanks again, always appreciate your
post. Haven't made any decision on another bat yet, leaning heavily toward the CF6. Probably going to wait until my CC has been
reimbursed. I think I'll do a little research on the Nanotek !

The RT has a rep as a power hitter's bat - a ball hit on the screws w/ a RT will perform at least as well as any of today's big name composites. The Nanotek was designed to compete with the balanced composites. It has a large sweet spot and is forgiving on mis-hits and was my DD's primary bat until she learned to swing the RT. Steven Anderson recently has left the company, but I liked his passion, business philosphy, and accessibility and chose to support his vision by putting their bats in my DD's hands the last 5 years.

IMO, that NIW Nano in the bay link for under $100 is steal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00