Opinions on "in game" form - Video Included

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WiZ

Feb 11, 2010
Here is just 2 pitches but she has been pretty consistant with this form. Dont get me wrong, I like the results but I think her leap/push and not closing needs to be addressed. Seems like there is no "slamming" of the door at the end. In your opinions is this something that needs to be looked at or is this an acceptable characteristic of a player? Also, shouldn't her toe drag be actually on the toe and not the side? Thoughts?

and

She did get a few on the change up we have been working on.

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm a sucker for little girls playing softball... the last video of her jumping up and down when she strikes out the girl is so...CUTE.

Oh well...back to being a bitter, old man:

1) She needs to bring her glove hand down to the inside of her left thigh.
2) She is closing too much. She looks like she is at around 45 degrees with her hips when she should be around 15 to 20 degrees closed. Also, note that her upper body has closed more than her hips, indicating that she is still trying to drag her arm with her upper body.
3) It doesn't look she is doing the "internal rotation" follow-through. She is pulling down with her right arm after she throws, rather than just "letting the arm" go.

She looks pretty good, all in all. She apparently knows how to drag, unlike most of the college pitchers.

Attachments

• abbey1.JPG
    abbey1.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 17
Jan 27, 2010
When she strides, her stride foot leg is awfully stiff at landing and forcing the right side to close too soon . Her knee should be flexed at landing and stiffen as she approachs her release. She has a little bend at the waist and a little lean. When her hip closes to the 45 degrees is when the stride foot goes to the toe. Her drag leaving the rubber is good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog