Opinions on DD Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
bobbyb,

That is good work in that in these side by side examples you can really see the hip opening early even before toe touch which among other things radically alters bat path. With the side by side you can really see sequence as talked about by MTS and FFS.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Thanks! Thats what I hope he gets out if ...the big picture...get his own perspective...fill in all that has been discussed, cues etc...and have her feel the positions.

I think cyclones dd is real close to having an ah ha moment then she will take off. When they finally feel that power swing for the first time...their eyes light up. Then of course they have to get back to work on all the other things! :)

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I know you have allot to work on so I will just mention one adjustment.

Her elbows look good as far as distance from body.
Take hands and move them 2-3 inches closer to body and keep elbows where they are.

Hands even or outside of elbows create circular swing
Hands alittle bit inside of elbows will help the release to be more underneath. It will make the bat and path be different in your swing.

You will hit it harder with a better hand path and release

Straightleg

R

RayR

Thanks SL - yes your daughter is in pretty much the same position at front foot strike!

Going to make 2012 somewhat more elementary in that the focus will be on getting to this foot strike position as a main goal for the newer hitters I work with....once this is achieved we can tune up the swing! Weight coming off the outside edge of the rear foot - front shoulder down and in....front foot DOWN....

Easier said than done - lol!

Oct 25, 2009
Indeed, you have! Keep at it!

Also, very important, this needs to be timed with front toss and/or live pitching. Meanwhile, make sure she tries to visualize the pitcher; When to load, when to separate, etc.

Great job!

Jan 24, 2011
Indeed, you have! Keep at it!

Also, very important, this needs to be timed with front toss and/or live pitching. Meanwhile, make sure she tries to visualize the pitcher; When to load, when to separate, etc.

Great job!

Thaks for the comments. We actually will be starting our Winter workouts (and indoor tournaments) with the team next Saturday , so we will be able to start to do this with some front toss and live pitching.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Is that broken pain of glass a 'result' of softball? Been there and done that.

2j0no8p.gif

Feb 14, 2010
Thaks for the comments. We actually will be starting our Winter workouts (and indoor tournaments) with the team next Saturday , so we will be able to start to do this with some front toss and live pitching.

Cyclone,

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but IMO your DD is not ready for soft toss/front toss. She reeally needs to keep the focus on the process some more before you put the ball back into it. You really have to take this slow or all the progress you've made is going to be thrown away. Just my opinion.

Jun 23, 2011
NC
Cyclone, you've made great progress. But there is much to be done, my DD plays at a small D1 school and she is still working all the time. Take some joy in the fact that you are moving in the right direction and solice in the fact that the journey is long.

Jan 24, 2011
Cyclone, you've made great progress. But there is much to be done, my DD plays at a small D1 school and she is still working all the time. Take some joy in the fact that you are moving in the right direction and solice in the fact that the journey is long.

We are actually pretty pleased with what we have done thus far. We have basically only done 7 hitting sessions. My DD is excited about doing our work each night (hasnt always been this way). We have learned to work together on this and we are in no hurry at all. We will just continue to move along at our pace with no particular timeline in mind.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA