Opinions on Axe bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 30, 2020
Hello! I keep on seeing Axe bats but don't know anyone who has them and am having trouble finding reviews for them. What are your guys opinions on them??

Attachments

• 8973a68f19e02619_small.jpeg
    8973a68f19e02619_small.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 14
Jul 22, 2020
I have the Axe Bat Element coming in tomorrow for my DD (10U). We have a few on the team but she hasn't swung them yet bc she prefers to only swing her bat (Easton Synergy, dead, dented, scratched up lol) I'm hoping for some good weather tomorrow so we can break it in. I will report back how she likes it after some good BP.

The element is a starter in the line of Axe bats but it had great raves on justbats and closeoutbats. Took a chance and I think it will pay off.

Jun 30, 2020
I have the Axe Bat Element coming in tomorrow for my DD (10U). We have a few on the team but she hasn't swung them yet bc she prefers to only swing her bat (Easton Synergy, dead, dented, scratched up lol) I'm hoping for some good weather tomorrow so we can break it in. I will report back how she likes it after some good BP.

The element is a starter in the line of Axe bats but it had great raves on justbats and closeoutbats. Took a chance and I think it will pay off.
Thank you!! :D

Oct 26, 2019
I love the axe handle grip - very good for teaching younger hitters not to choke the bat. The barrel is really small compared to the other big name manufacturers though - if that matters to you.

Jul 22, 2020
My DD used an axe for 8u and some of 10u early on before she went composite.
I'd say for the money, it was a really nice bat. No complaints, and the pop was decent.

That's my main goal for my DD in 10U. Get a good bat, with some good pop and consistency. All along the way improving her swing so shelling out mega-bucks will be more worth it on a higher end bat.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD never used one and I was always leary about hitting it on the same area every time. Part prep or nervous tick she always turned her bat in her hand until the pitch so I knew she wasn't hitting in the same spot. Although growing up playing baseball with wood bats you always it on the same area. Logo on top.

Jul 22, 2020
DD never used one and I was always leary about hitting it on the same area every time. Part prep or nervous tick she always turned her bat in her hand until the pitch so I knew she wasn't hitting in the same spot. Although growing up playing baseball with wood bats you always it on the same area. Logo on top.
That's another fear of mine, is getting my DD to grip it right everytime lol. I did hear people saying they still hit decent even on the "dead" side, but definitely not what you want to do. We have 2 weeks until the next tourney, so hopefully some good practice will make her comfortable with the new axe grip.

Jul 22, 2020
Hello! I keep on seeing Axe bats but don't know anyone who has them and am having trouble finding reviews for them. What are your guys opinions on them??

Hit with the bat today. Took her a little while to adjust to the handle, and to understand how to hit with it. We went an inch longer than her old bat but same weight. She said for a while it felt weird and it was making her swing differently, but I expected that. Once she got it, she said she knew right away when she didn't make good contact, or when she connected in a bad spot. Glad she was able to determine that pretty quickly. She also said the grip felt better from the start and she was excited. More practices to come.

Jun 30, 2020
Hit with the bat today. Took her a little while to adjust to the handle, and to understand how to hit with it. We went an inch longer than her old bat but same weight. She said for a while it felt weird and it was making her swing differently, but I expected that. Once she got it, she said she knew right away when she didn't make good contact, or when she connected in a bad spot. Glad she was able to determine that pretty quickly. She also said the grip felt better from the start and she was excited. More practices to come.

Awesome!! Thanks for letting me know! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles