Varsity Awards

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2023
@Cannonball I would have done the exact same thing. Luckily our AD is pretty hands off when it comes to our banquet and awards.
We also have specific criteria for getting a letter but even if it isn’t met, we will give it to the girl as long as they showed up, worked hard, and were on the team for the majority of the year (ex. JV call ups).

Aug 5, 2022
I our conference every team gets 1 player on the first team. Even the 2 teams that hasn’t won a conference game and as lost every game so badly that teams were stepping off. The only close game was between them. This means a couple of deserving kids get left off from other teams. It is what it is. The team that wins conference usually gets the most spots. Almost every other team in the conference plays at least 3-4 cupcakes to run up scores and pad stats big schools beating up on little ones. We do not. Our team has 6 kids that are deserving no way all of them make it. Maybe 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
I our conference every team gets 1 player on the first team. Even the 2 teams that hasn’t won a conference game and as lost every game so badly that teams were stepping off. The only close game was between them. This means a couple of deserving kids get left off from other teams. It is what it is. The team that wins conference usually gets the most spots. Almost every other team in the conference plays at least 3-4 cupcakes to run up scores and pad stats big schools beating up on little ones. We do not. Our team has 6 kids that are deserving no way all of them make it. Maybe 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You see this in college All-Conference selections as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802