Opinion needed: Siblings in team photo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Here is my example of "pictures gone wrong". This was a pretty big event for us first year 10s. Dixie world series where you have to play to keep advancing like high school ball. We won from district thru state and represented TN out of the other 12 states who sent their winning team. This picture was to be my DD ( only ) pitching/hitting/carrying the TN state flag and a team pic. Well you see the catcher? Well.........that is not my DD.....that's a fellow teammate. A mistake by the photographer, a $75 mistake haha. We were like you and had no idea until the portrait came in the mail a few weeks later. That's was 7 years ago and we still laugh at "Alex the catcher". :)

You will too. Just a quick shot from my phone. Ball for size.

7c77ab31c98fd5e25117a953946a0879.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2012
Did you ask DD why? I know the girls on my team would invite the younger kids that always hang around. Might get you answer.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I suppose it depends on the age - 10U and 12U, even 14U I would not have a problem with it. Maybe at 18U.

A few years ago one of DD's teammates had a year old brother who was the mascot of the team. Every p[layer adored him and all the parents and coaches loved having him around. A team picture without him in it would not have been a team picture.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I think I'd be more concerned if I found an extra sibling eating at my table and sleeping in my house. But just in a team photo - not so much.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I think I'd be more concerned if I found an extra sibling eating at my table and sleeping in my house.

Don't know about you GM, but I adopt a couple of extra siblings on the weekends and most of the summer. Just wish I could claim them on taxes.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
All our family pictures has my sister-in-law in them. She loves having her picture taken. It is a family joke that she is in every picture.
Goingdeep, My kids friends are always welcomed at our house. They think we are being nice by having them at our house. This way I know where my kids are and they are safe. We stock up on popcorn.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
We had horses in ours from last year. Much more annoying to me than a sibling (maybe?). There was a whole field to use to take pics and they back them up to the fences that had horses. Something wrong with the backstop?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
We had horses in ours from last year. Much more annoying to me than a sibling (maybe?). There was a whole field to use to take pics and they back them up to the fences that had horses. Something wrong with the backstop?

You live in OK and you have problems with an outside setting for team pics with horses in the background? lol

Mar 13, 2010
I would have an issue with it. We took a photo of our team first week (young kids) and had the younger siblings in the photo. I love the kids, but I want a TEAM photo, not a team photo with two kids out of uniform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207