Opinion needed: Siblings in team photo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 7, 2012
What if you ordered a formal team photo and upon receiving them you are surprised to see the HC's other younger child, who is not on the team, in the team photo. The sibling does not assist the team in any way, they just show up and watch the games. What are your thoughts?

Dec 28, 2011
My DD 14U team is a close-knit bunch of girls with many little siblings. The little ones pretty much "live" at the ball park, as they sit through practices and tourneys. Wouldn't bother me if one, or many ended up "unexpectedly" in a photo. It's just memories for us, and they entertain us as much as the girls. But I do wonder how this could happen in a professional photo without knowledge of parents? (We have had photographers at tourneys who let us preview pics and then sell to us) I guess I would question photographer if you want your money back, as they sold you more than you bargained for. I wouldn't complain to coach if you are happy with your team. Enjoy the memories! Time flies by too quickly.

Aug 7, 2012
It was a Professional photographer. Where you pay $$ for team and individual photos. All the players went into a room while parents were outside.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I'd probably be somewhat irritated but would keep my mouth shut. In the grand scheme of things it probably won't matter much to your kid now or in 20 years when it's just a memory.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
It was a Professional photographer. Where you pay $$ for team and individual photos. All the players went into a room while parents were outside.

I'm sure it made you mad/upset......however you want to word it. I'll agree with InsidePitch, in a few years you will look at that picture and laugh at the silly kid / silly coach and how much it bothered you at the time............and how little it matters at that point in the future.

On a side note, "if" I had another younger child who did spend time at games/practices as a coach I would have a "team" pic and ask the photographer for one extra snap with my sibling with us. Reason being MY FAMILY probably would be the only one ordering the sibling team photo.

Nov 29, 2009
Ok.. So this was a professionally taken picture and the coach turned it into a family photo for himself. It's not a big deal, but it's definitely NOT right. The team is the team and the coach needs to respect that. When taking team pics I make sure ONLY the team members and coaches are in the formal one. After that it can turn into a free-for-all, I don't care. Take all the silly pics and include the siblings too if you want. Make it fun for everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christian_softballdad3298