Open to everyones thoughts...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Not sure if her prob, but interesting point to go with coach JV, my dd wore glasses and made occasional but good hits. She got contacts and now makes contact on almost any pitch she wants.

Nov 9, 2009
ya know..i was beginning to wonder about the tee.I may, in fac., have too far out in front because I have been stressing to hit the ball out front, as opposed to right over the top of the plate like she has been in the past forcing her to hit the ball barely after her swing has started..

she did start hitting better last night after i forced to her squat a little more....she almost looks like Biggio now..:)

As far as "does she make a wrist move just before contact"...im not good at pickng that up with the naked eye..Im deg going to get a camera and have you guys check it out and show me so I will know.

Thanks lhowser.. this is the best site.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
JJ sounds like the prob could be just as you and lhowser say with hitting out front. I don't get into breaking down hitting into angles and movement at each microsecond. That is blah blah to me. I do know that the hundreds of girls I have coached, almost 0 with a decent bat speed ever swing too late, no matter how fast the pitch comes.

Apr 30, 2010
so if dd has this issue of hitting everything too early where do you put the tee? typically have it in front of left knee (she doesn't stride) middle of plate. dd is now swinging entirely too early. literally cant even hit a meat ball off barrell, hits it off end, pulls everything. i thought it was hands but had hs coach look at her today and he said she just swinging too early to not let her hands load until pitcher in 12 o clock arm circle. tried it, didn't help at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug