One Piece vs 2 Piece bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
I also know you get "feedback" with the one piece bats where as its much more muted with 2 piece, 3 piece etc bats. Im asking,,,,,how similar would this be to the shaft on a golf club - especially the driver ?? Stronger players with higher swing speeds require stiffer shaft, would that be anyway similar in this case as well ?? I know in golf if you get a shaft that creates too much whip it never catches up and you lose distance because you never "square the club head"??? In softball if you don't "square up" you also lose power ??

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I also know you get "feedback" with the one piece bats where as its much more muted with 2 piece, 3 piece etc bats. Im asking,,,,,how similar would this be to the shaft on a golf club - especially the driver ?? Stronger players with higher swing speeds require stiffer shaft, would that be anyway similar in this case as well ?? I know in golf if you get a shaft that creates too much whip it never catches up and you lose distance because you never "square the club head"??? In softball if you don't "square up" you also lose power ??

Very similar. Higher swing speed causes the head to lag X amount. The idea here is that the club head should begin to lag at the start of the down swing, and catch up precisely at contact, adding the flex acceleration to the swing speed.

Because a baseball/softball swing doesn't have the same backswing, bat lag would start later and likely never catch up at contact. It seems to me that bat lag would be greatest at contact, actually.

I'm just intuiting this stuff, I'm no engineer or physicist lol!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06