On-line Pitching Instruction

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
If by online instructions you mean the stickies at the top of this forum, then yes, they work.

I’ve also heard fastpitch foundations is a good place to start if you’re looking for more direct instruction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 21, 2020
Currently using Amanda Scarborough’s Pitching Angel curriculum and DD is doing very well with it. Spent 6+ years with a pitching coach that teaches mostly HE, switched to Rich Balswick (which was great), then switched to one his of highly successful former students (sadly, did not go well)...

Out of frustration and knowing my daughter still needed to focus on some of the IR fundamentals (6+ years of HE created a lot for her to unlearn), I took a chance on Amanda’s online curriculum and have been very pleased with the results. DD’s been thriving. Physically she feels better (was starting to see some signs of overuse in her shoulder), command has improved massively and speed is ticking back up to where it was before she switched to IR.

We’ll probably look to go back to Balswick at some point, but for where my DD is now, Pitching Angel is great.

If your DD is a self-starter and you don’t mind learning along with her, it can be a solid option IMHO.

www.pitching-angel.com

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Rick Pauly is great. He is a freaking pitching encyclopedia.

Another option is @Hillhouse. You could go see Bill once a month. (IMHO, weekly lessons are overkill.> He is working with the Olympic team...so, if her is good enough for them, he should be ok for your DD.

Nov 18, 2015
Amanda's system has a VIP option that I believe includes video review (1 / week?). What my daughter seemed to enjoy (and I found "cool") was that she would have weekly zoom calls during each session. I think there was around 100 students per session, but only 50-60 would get on the call. Not personal 1-on-1 instruction, but she would do several drills and offer corrections and quick comments to individual girls. Think of it as a weekly pitching clinic.

I'm glad schramer mentioned that option - I had forgot that my daughter did the "Foundations" course with her a few months ago! It was a good program, but was a little confusing regarding the app interface. There was A LOT of content, and with me working, my daughter didn't get out of it what she should have - there was a new drill or exercise nearly every day over the course of 6-8 weeks.

The good thing is that you can go back in at any point and just re-do the course. She also has a follow-on course on Velocity, and I think another one on movement pitches (but not certain on the latter).

Overall, there's a lot more options out there now than even a year ago - similar to the hitting side, the rest of the softball community is catching up to what DFP-members have been talking about for some time now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez