On ESPN now. Florida (1) vs Alabama (14)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 4, 2015
I would feel better about the team being able to hit Ocasio more than they will hit Barnhill. Ocasio is a really good pitcher, but there is a reason Barnhill and Gourley pitch more. Did feel bad seeing Barnhill throw the game away last night. Don't know if this has been a problem for her or if it was just this game. The yips can be a terrible thing.

Jun 12, 2015
If she has really poor fielding in general (I haven't watched enough to know if last night was unusual for her) at least it evens the playing field somewhat.

Apr 12, 2013
I hate the slams.. enough already. get over it.

Sick of seeing DADDY calling these girls cheats and non athletes. good riddance.

Dec 28, 2014
Ocasio is hittable though. If she was a better pitcher she'd be starting .

Gourley. Teams need to just sit on the outside changeup. You would think as many changeups and as much film that's out there these teams would have a better approach against her. Miss did and beat her.

Sep 10, 2013
surprised more teams haven't played small ball against barnhill. You'll see more of it now.

as the commentators mentioned, "we haven't seen any team have this many hits off barnhill". small-ball seems to be the way. i guess more teams will now adapt.

Oct 4, 2016
Watching the game right now..Florida fans might just be the worst out there. They really need to shut their mouths and just watch the game, they talk/complain about everything.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Watching the game right now..Florida fans might just be the worst out there. They really need to shut their mouths and just watch the game, they talk/complain about everything.

Queue the banjo music! Florida fans that attend the game are a unique group. Very few are alumni or actually attend the university. Most are from small towns out in the sticks. Their conduct is the same at local High School games where a heavy presence by law enforcement is common to keep things from getting out of hand. :)

Oct 4, 2016
Queue the banjo music! Florida fans that attend the game are a unique group. Very few are alumni or actually attend the university. Most are from small towns out in the sticks. Their conduct is the same at local High School games where a heavy presence by law enforcement is common to keep things from getting out of hand. :)

Thanks for the info riseball. Gald I don't have to deal with them on a regular basis! They seem to treat it as more of a football game than a softball game.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the info riseball. Gald I don't have to deal with them on a regular basis! They seem to treat it as more of a football game than a softball game.

Been to many an SEC game, and attended all but 3 venues. All fan bases are different, but Florida was by far the worst behaved. Kelsi Dunn warned us about Alabama but they were really nice. even when SC blew them out 12-0. Most interesting venue I have been to is Arizona. Average age was 70+, love their team, and knew the game. Have to say for such a storied program that stadium is the pits. The Arizona program deserves much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi