OK. State women's basketball coaches die in plane crash

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
DISASTERS - US

Oklahoma State Women's Coaches Killed in Arkansas Plane Crash
Published November 18, 2011 | FoxNews.com
Print Email Share
Oklahoma State University said women's basketball coach Kurt Budke and assistant coach Miranda Serna were killed in a plane crash in central Arkansas.

The university said in a news release Friday that the two were on a recruiting trip to Arkansas when the plane crashed near Perryville, about 45 miles west of Little Rock.

The university said the plane's pilot and another passenger also died in the crash. Their names were not released and OSU said they were not associated with the university.

"The Oklahoma State family is devastated by this tragedy," OSU President Burns Hargis said in a statement. "Our hearts and prayers go out to the families of Kurt Budke, Miranda Serna and the other victims.

Ten men associated with the OSU men's basketball team died in a plane crash in Colorado in January 2001.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
That must have been an important player/team to recruit in season.

Hope the team can recover from such a tragedy.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I guess it probably meant that they were going to her game. But, I also thought that, about it being in season. Poor girl. She has to feel awful.

May 25, 2010
So many tragedies hitting our universities these days it seems....my deepest sympathies to the families and loved ones of the deceased.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom