Official 2017 World Series Thread-Sponsored by high ticket prices

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 24, 2017
Georgia
Usually a Braves fan, but...you guys have certainly seen them play the last few years. So yeah. I have always loved the Cubs also and was bummed they didn't make it all the way this year. So I will be rooting for the Astros to win it all! :)

May 15, 2016
If I told you which games, you would know how old I am.

I wonder if I have you beat on the old man scale. I used to teach at a junior college. Ten years ago, before a class started a student heard me talking to one of the other instructors about the '86 Mets. The student asked me if remembered seeing the '86 World Series. I told him I remember the Mets winning is '69. The shock on his face was amazing.

Unfortunately never had a chance to go to a World Series. I had tickets to game 2 of the 1988 World Series that I bought from the Mets organization, before the NLCS. Unfortunately that game was not played in NY.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I wonder if I have you beat on the old man scale. I used to teach at a junior college. Ten years ago, before a class started a student heard me talking to one of the other instructors about the '86 Mets. The student asked me if remembered seeing the '86 World Series. I told him I remember the Mets winning is '69. The shock on his face was amazing.

Unfortunately never had a chance to go to a World Series. I had tickets to game 2 of the 1988 World Series that I bought from the Mets organization, before the NLCS. Unfortunately that game was not played in NY.

I did go to game 7 of the 1986 World Series.

Interesting story. The woman I was going to take was extremely ill, and was recovering from surgery. I was living in Queens, and my brother was living in Brooklyn. I decided to surprise my brother if the series went to 7 games.

As any happy Mets fan, or any sad Red Sox fan, can tell you, game 6 was the strangest and most exciting ending of any WS game ever played. I knew my brother would be watching the game on TV. As soon as the game was over, I called my brother and asked: "I have tickets to a baseball game tomorrow, do you want to go?"

It took him a while to regain his composure and accept.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Small world. I was at the same game. I was 12 at the time...

I was in college in the Philly suburbs, and went with some guys from my dorm. I was the only one who could scrape up enough money to bring a date. Something like $20 each. Lot of money!

We sat in the very last row of the highest level of Veterans' Stadium, so I am about 99% sure you had better seats.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I was in college in the Philly suburbs, and went with some guys from my dorm. I was the only one who could scrape up enough money to bring a date. Something like $20 each. Lot of money!

We sat in the very last row of the highest level of Veterans' Stadium, so I am about 99% sure you had better seats.

Lol! My sister's boyfriend was a sport's writer for the local newspaper at the time. We had free tickets that were provided by the paper. I don't remember the exact section we were in, but we were approximately 12 to 15 rows behind the 1st base dugout. Seats were pretty good :)

Jun 8, 2016

Interesting story. The woman I was going to take was extremely ill, and was recovering from surgery. I was living in Queens, and my brother was living in Brooklyn. I decided to surprise my brother if the series went to 7 games.

As any happy Mets fan, or any sad Red Sox fan, can tell you, game 6 was the strangest and most exciting ending of any WS game ever played. I knew my brother would be watching the game on TV. As soon as the game was over, I called my brother and asked: "I have tickets to a baseball game tomorrow, do you want to go?"

Game 6, 31 years ago today. Even though they were up early, the Sox losing Game 7 seemed about as inevitable as the Sox winning it all in 2004 after coming back from being down 3-0 to the Yanks.

May 15, 2016

Great story. I chose the wrong year to be studying overseas, in the fall of '86. We got to watch the games with on a VCR with cassettes flown in from the US. Damn, do I feel old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00