OF Drills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
We use a pitching machine often, shooting balls to one spot in the outfield, moving the players around so they get to see all angles, front, back, right, left, over each shoulder. Moving them further away each round. If you can't get a machine, use a bat you can handle, you both get better as you practice.

Aug 17, 2015
My suggestion is to just work on drop stepping. This can be easily done with her about 10 feet in front of you, facing you. Yell "Hit" and then have her drop step left or right. To drop step left, she just steps with her left foot backwards toward the fence causing her entire body to turn toward the fence but her head is still watching you as she is running and fielding the throw. Same thing on the right but using the right foot as the lead. I prefer all my players to call for the ball even in this drill just to form the habit. I love that she is working on multiple positions...always good to know and be able to play multiple positions....after all every player prefers to be on the field than in the dugout so the more positions you know, the better the chance to be on the field!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors