Obstruction Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2014
There is more to do and watch at a quicker pace in softball. And you would be surprised how many baseball umpires, even in the pros, kick calls and interpretations.
I umpire both sports, and I find baseball to be more challenging at the higher levels.
Plus the potential injury factor to the umpire is much greater than in softball.
( Just look at the protective gear required in baseball as opposed to even high level softball.)
My point is that a lazy man may be more drawn to doing softball as to baseball under the perceived impression that softball is a piece of cake.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I umpire both sports, and I find baseball to be more challenging at the higher levels.
Plus the potential injury factor to the umpire is much greater than in softball.
( Just look at the protective gear required in baseball as opposed to even high level softball.)
My point is that a lazy man may be more drawn to doing softball as to baseball under the perceived impression that softball is a piece of cake.

I've done both, baseball for 22 years and softball for 26 and I think you're blowing smoke up your own rear. In my area, the lazy men go to baseball after not working well in softball or they retire from softball to baseball. Many umpires I have worked with over the years left baseball simply out of boredom. And I never ran as much in baseball as in softball.

And I certainly have no idea what you are talking about as far as more protective equipment or a higher injury potential factor in baseball than softball.

I get your point, but those folks don't last long regardless of the sport.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut